2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

On 27/12/2017 at 11:19 AM, jetskid007 said:

The thing is that there's a very realistic chance we address QB before the draft OR the opportunity to take a QB doesn't present itself in round 1. Chubb is excellent. I would not be bothered one bit if we drafted him.

The guy who I've really been focused on is Quenton Nelson. He's the Jamal Adams of this draft. Doesn't play a position you traditionally draft high (G), but checks every single box. He's going to be a great football player. 

We can't draft a guard with our top-10 pick. Come on now.

41 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Nelson can have a Zach Martin type effect on this OL

Zach Martin plays next to the best C in football let’s not forget. Which helps big time. Martin is a star. But just adding Nelson alone wouldn’t fix things. Adding Richburg, Jensen, Price or Ragnow would have to happen as well.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Zach Martin plays next to the best C in football let’s not forget. Which helps big time. Martin is a star. But just adding Nelson alone wouldn’t fix things. Adding Richburg, Jensen, Price or Ragnow would have to happen as well.

Agreed - but I think the point is adding Nelson and a C alone should make this unit top third of the league

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Agreed - but I think the point is adding Nelson and a C alone should make this unit top third of the league

Absolutely. I think they’d all play off each other. Shell might reap the benefits more than anyone depending on if we put Nelson at LG or RG. I’d imagine RG bc Carpenter > Winters.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Tyrell Crosby and Frank Ragnow in 2nd and 3rd would work as well as Nelson going to top 10.  Don't waste a top 10 pick on G.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Tyrell Crosby and Frank Ragnow in 2nd and 3rd would work as well as Nelson going to top 10.  Don't waste a top 10 pick on G.

No it wouldn't lol Nelson is on another level. Like Ragnow a lot but Crosby is no where near Nelson.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ragnow is a C. I’m not opposed at all for our draft to maybe go....

1st: Nelson

2nd: Price

2nd: RB like Michel

The thing is is I can’t see ya not filling atleast 1 of those holes in FA.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ragnow is a C. I’m not opposed at all for our draft to maybe go....

1st: Nelson

2nd: Price

2nd: RB like Michel

The thing is is I can’t see ya not filling atleast 1 of those holes in FA.

I don't mean either mentioned OL. I mean a consecutive rounds, maybe picks.  Start with Seahawks' 2nd round pick. That would make Jets containing 2 top skill prospects. I want that.

1 minute ago, jetfan8178 said:

Has Mason Rudolph been mentioned anywhere?

Cause I'm watching tape and I kinda like this kid and it seems he may fall to us.

He’s a 3rd Rounder imo. Has arm talent but needs work. We have that already. So no sense in wasting a pick.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s a 3rd Rounder imo. Has arm talent but needs work. We have that already. So no sense in wasting a pick.

Rudolph reminds me too much Ryan Mallett, no thank you on that end. Still hoping Stidham comes out but I'm starting to doubt it.

Archived