2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Starting to get the feel Josh Allen will be our pick via trade up if we don’t get Kirk

I’d be so pissed. If we did that and he actually is a bust, that would be an utter disaster. 

Mac would have some balls, but it’d probably secure his job for two more years.

Some quick things that I've mentioned about Josh Allen that I'm just gonna put in writing for all to see. I think he looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. And that's why he's hyped.

My biggest knock on him has been that he plays for a small school and didn't even dominate at that level and struggled big time against legit D1 teams and talent.

Here's his stats against the 5 legit D1 teams he's played the last 2 years.

Iowa: 23/40 174yds 0TDs 2INTs

Oregon: 9/24 64yds 0TDs 1INT

Boise State: 12/27 131yds 1TD 2INTs

Nebraska: 16/32 189yds 1TD 5INTs

Boise State: 18/31 274yds 3TDs 1INT

I said a month ago that four QB's could be pick in the first 10 picks. Somebody on this board said today that the first three picks could in the draft could be QB's he could very well be correct, with all the hype these players are getting. I really wonder what the final amount of money it would cost to sign Cousins.?  We know the Colts at three are not going to draft a QB but they need players their roster is week, I say it is 50 50 they trade the pick. There is no question this year is the year of the QB's in the draft. But anybody really feel that all five of those QB are really high first round picks, I don't think so, but is libel to happen. 

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I said a month ago that four QB's could be pick in the first 10 picks. Somebody on this board said today that the first three picks could in the draft could be QB's he could very well be correct, with all the hype these players are getting. I really wonder what the final amount of money it would cost to sign Cousins.?  We know the Colts at three are not going to draft a QB but they need players their roster is week, I say it is 50 50 they trade the pick. There is no question this year is the year of the QB's in the draft. But anybody really feel that all five of those QB are really high first round picks, I don't think so, but is libel to happen. 

I think Indy would have a real hard time passing on Barkley (read how Jim Irsay believes they need to recreate Manning/James to be successful).  If Cleveland goes QB at 1 ad Indy trades out of 3 - I don't see Clev passing on Barkley at 4.  So ..... i would say Indy might have no interest of trading down or it might take a huge haul to get that #3 pick from them. 

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

I think Indy would have a real hard time passing on Barkley (read how Jim Irsay believes they need to recreate Manning/James to be successful).  If Cleveland goes QB at 1 ad Indy trades out of 3 - I don't see Clev passing on Barkley at 4.  So ..... i would say Indy might have no interest of trading down or it might take a huge haul to get that #3 pick from them. 

I see them really open to a trade up for a QB. I actually don't see them drafting Barkley. Mack was good in his time last season. No he wasn't a top back or anything. But Indy's defense is bad. I see them going more in the direction of Fitzpatrick or Chubb at 3. But really see them trading the pick.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm hoping there's a clear cut 1,2,3 and 4 options at QB by draft day. It seems they're all bunched now, but I hope they start separating themselves at the combine and pro days.

That's my hope as well. I just hope that Baker is still there. I just love the way players react to his energy. 

Leadership is so important for the QB position and he has that already. Most QBs learn it he doesn't have to bother. 

His accuracy is better than all but Rosen who I think will be gone. 

Unless Barkley is there and Qbs go 1-4 and we get Jackson too.  I'd love that

MoLewis57

I agree 100% on Mayfield. If he is there we HAVE to take him. I really really hate Jackson. His game will not transition to the NFL at all. His footwork is crap, he is not that accurate, he gives up on the pass way too soon to run, he does not go through his reads very well, and makes poor decisions on to run or throw the ball. This is why I would be so made at taking Jackson. If he is there in say round 5 or 6 then ya take a shot at him but not in the top 4 rounds. WE WANT MAYFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!

Over all I still think Rosen is the QB that will take a little hit and be there at 6 for us. Allen goes 1 to Browns, Darnold goes 2 to Giants, Barkley 3 to colts, Chubb 4 to Browns, Mayfield 5 to Denver, Rosen 6 to Jets.

Bills sign Cousins. 

Cards get Bridgewater/Keenum/Bradford

Jags Bortles

I started watching more Darnold footage, I think he might be the worst decision maker out of the top 5 QBs. I checked out his INTs. If it was just a great defensive play by a DB, it would be fine, but he was throwing it in double coverage and at times wasn't close to his target. He was never my #1 QB, but I'm starting to have my doubts. 

Archived