2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When we’ve shown no ability at all to draft a franchise QB... yes signing Kirk Cousins becomes “in essence” signing Aaron Rodgers. I love how you guys who don’t want him act like whoever we draft at 6 will be our savior automatically.

Dude that’s how the draft works. What you need to understand is.. not everyone is a fan of Cousins the PLAYER. Just because he’s “top 5-10” in your eyes doesn’t change anyone’s view of a draft pick. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I said... your selling Cousins McGuire as his receiving RB that he loves. That’s not going to help get him to NY. I actually said all season we need to give McGuire more touches and I still think we do. But when your trying to convince a big time QB to come to your team and he loves throwing to his RB... I feel we need to have an option better than McGuire to pitch to him.

The idea that we are adding to the OL in a big way and drafting a RB with a premium pick (top 3 rounds) is what your selling him.  That and weapons like Anderson/Enunwa/maybe a FA WR.  The guy we draft is hopefully a three down RB who can do it all, run catch, block etc.  A guy like Guice, Johnson, Michel are all guys that can run and catch.  That's who you sell him on.  McGuire is a backup, Cousins won't care who the backup is.  Most of his career was with guys like Morris and Thompson.  One could run but couldn't catch the other was a 3rd down back.    

You're idea of selling him is McKinnon, LOL.  You say draft a RB sign McKinnon.  I say draft a RB and keep McGuire at #2.  Is McKinnon the difference between signing Cousins and not singing Cousins, NO. 

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The idea that we are adding to the OL in a big way and drafting a RB with a premium pick (top 3 rounds) is what your selling him.  That and weapons like Anderson/Enunwa/maybe a FA WR.  The guy we draft is hopefully a three down RB who can do it all, run catch, block etc.  A guy like Guice, Johnson, Michel are all guys that can run and catch.  That's who you sell him on.  McGuire is a backup, Cousins won't care who the backup is.  Most of his career was with guys like Morris and Thompson.  One could run but couldn't catch the other was a 3rd down back.    

You're idea of selling him is McKinnon, LOL.  You say draft a RB sign McKinnon.  I say draft a RB and keep McGuire at #2.  Is McKinnon the difference between signing Cousins and not singing Cousins, NO. 

I literally just said this at the start of this debate. That we have to seek him we are getting a RB in the 1st 2 Rounds along with addressing OLine.

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I literally just said this at the start of this debate. That we have to seek him we are getting a RB in the 1st 2 Rounds along with addressing OLine.

Unless Maccagnan, Bates and Bowles are up to date modernly, it won't happen.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

What if Cousins picked Broncos and Browns become the first team in NFL history to draft two quarterbacks in top 5 (Darnold and Mayfield)?

Doubtful. I bet they do think Kiser still has something to offer though. Which I never liked Kiser.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doubtful. I bet they do think Kiser still has something to offer though. Which I never liked Kiser.

Taking Allen is kind of a repetition for Browns.  Kiser and Allen are similar.  Dorsey liked Kiser but his accuracy was a problem.

As much as it would be great to land Cousins If all things are equal when it comes to money WHY would Cousins want to come to New York. As of now we have one WR a less than average running game and a so so Offensive line. Some team is going to sign Cousins before the draft. And that is the key before the draft & we have a chance to stock up players. Money wise we might be in the best financial shape but that might be enough to lure him too New York.

Archived