2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Mayfield really showing his maturity by missing all media stuff for OU. Making his teammates have to answer questions about him. Finally today he showed up. Dislike this guy so much.

He's been sick with the flu lol. That's not enough of a reason not to draft him guys a stud and could very well be a franchise QB.

I don’t know. Something about Mayfield just doesn’t make me want him as the face of a franchise. Pair that with the atrocious defenses he plays.. if he plays well and wins a national title maybe I’ll warm up to him. But no way do I want to spend pick 5/6/7 on him right now. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We're gonna get Darnold.

What's the highest we can pick? 4th? 5th?

If he comes out I think he still goes first but I think it is more conceivable now more than ever it he comes out.

1) Mayfield

2) Rosen

3) Chubb

4) Trade up for Darnold

We have an outside chance at #5 but realistically we get the 8th pick unless the 49ers and Broncos win, both opposing teams are resting players so that would be the 6th pick.

5 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Has Mason Rudolph been mentioned anywhere?

Cause I'm watching tape and I kinda like this kid and it seems he may fall to us.

I have my doubts but I'm warming up to him. I think the senior bowl will be a big deal for him. He has to show that he can throw into tight windows and that his success is not just a product of his receivers and the offense he plays in.  

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t know. Something about Mayfield just doesn’t make me want him as the face of a franchise. Pair that with the atrocious defenses he plays.. if he plays well and wins a national title maybe I’ll warm up to him. But no way do I want to spend pick 5/6/7 on him right now. 

Mayfield took it to the same Ohio St team that gave Darnold problems. 

Also Texas has a good defense. Todd Orlando had the playing well this year. It's pretty much all Texas had going for them this year.

9 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Mayfield took it to the same Ohio St team that gave Darnold problems. 

Also Texas has a good defense. Todd Orlando had the playing well this year. It's pretty much all Texas had going for them this year.

Also had a good game against Iowa State who has a very good D as well.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

If he comes out I think he still goes first but I think it is more conceivable now more than ever it he comes out.

1) Mayfield

2) Rosen

3) Chubb

4) Trade up for Darnold

We have an outside chance at #5 but realistically we get the 8th pick unless the 49ers and Broncos win, both opposing teams are resting players so that would be the 6th pick.

6th is our destiny it seems. 

Browns will def go QB with one of the pick and maybe a defender with the 2nd, I think they're done with the trading back bs. 

Colts go OL, almost have TO.

Giants only go QB if they let Eli walk IMO

49ers fans seem stuck on Nelson.

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I think Mayfield is the real deal. I think the question with him is how good can he be rather than if he’ll bust. In the right scheme (ours is a good fit for his game) he should be a solid starting QB... I question his upside more than anything. 

The one thing that I love about Mayfield's game is that he makes less mistakes than any QB in college football.  I feel like his floor is Tyrod Taylor personally.  Ceiling is Russell Wilson.

Archived