2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'm not saying that.  All I said personally was that I think Saquon isn't necessarily a slam dunk. 

If we drafted him at 6 would you not like the pick? (Assuming we upgraded the OLine and WB position in FA and/or trades).

Just now, Bobby816 said:

If we drafted him at 6 would you not like the pick? (Assuming we upgraded the OLine and WB position in FA and/or trades).

I'd be so-so with the pick. I'd just be wary of him being a star in the league.  If it was up to me though, I'd look at an RB with one of our second rounders. 

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd be so-so with the pick. I'd just be wary of him being a star in the league.  If it was up to me though, I'd look at an RB with one of our second rounders. 

I can respect that bc I’m a fan of a few of the 2nd Round RBs as well. I’ve had good luck the last few years guessing which RBs would be good in the NFL (I had Kamara or Hunt in most my mocks last year if you remember). In 20-6 I wanted Drake or Collins bad as well. Hopefully my RB intuition is good this draft. I’ll keep scouting these mid Round guys and see who stands out to me.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I can respect that bc I’m a fan of a few of the 2nd Round RBs as well. I’ve had good luck the last few years guessing which RBs would be good in the NFL (I had Kamara or Hunt in most my mocks last year if you remember). In 20-6 I wanted Drake or Collins bad as well. Hopefully my RB intuition is good this draft. I’ll keep scouting these mid Round guys and see who stands out to me.

Yeah, there's just so much depth. At 6, Personally, I'm looking at Ridley, Nelson, or Connor Williams. The one idea I personally like depending on our CB situation is trading down a few picks and snagging Josh Jackson. If we added a #1 corner in FAand got Jackson, we'd have prob the best secondary in the league by 2020. 

29 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah, there's just so much depth. At 6, Personally, I'm looking at Ridley, Nelson, or Connor Williams. The one idea I personally like depending on our CB situation is trading down a few picks and snagging Josh Jackson. If we added a #1 corner in FAand got Jackson, we'd have prob the best secondary in the league by 2020. 

But still a Texas high school offense.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Thing is, we need a true No. 1 running back too though. AND, a true No. 1 rusher can help the QB, can help keep the defense off the field, and can even help make the marginal O-lineman look better than he is.

For a run-first team who wants to keep opposing QB's on the sidelines (er, Tom Brady), that's huge. 

I’m saying you had everything mostly in place at that point. 

We don’t and even with all this cap space will still likely have bigger holes at more premium positions. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not if we get Cousins. Cousins + o-line help in FA + FA receiver + 2nd round RB = top 15 offense

If we get a C, LG and Cousins in FA this would be the 1st time in years I'd pre draft want us to get a defensive player Round 1. I'd still want Barkley over a defender, but I would want an Edge or CB at 6 as well.

With the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the New York J E T E Jets select Quenton Nelson, Guard Notre Dame.

Just saw a clip of Richardson announcing the Stewart pick and felt the need to misspell Jets. 

Might be the most memorable NY draft announcement. It's up there with Frederic Weis. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

With the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the New York J E T E Jets select Quenton Nelson, Guard Notre Dame.

Just saw a clip of Richardson announcing the Stewart pick and felt the need to misspell Jets. 

Might be the most memorable NY draft announcement. It's up there with Frederic Weis. 

I don't think so

On 2/2/2018 at 2:45 PM, barnaby8787 said:

I'd love to move down and grab Jackson as I feel he will be darn good. 

Not as sure as everyone seems to be about Nelson though. People are talking about him over Barkley?  That's gotta be a joke

17 minutes ago, MoLewis57 said:

I'd love to move down and grab Jackson as I feel he will be darn good. 

Not as sure as everyone seems to be about Nelson though. People are talking about him over Barkley?  That's gotta be a joke

Wouldn’t take Barkley or any RB for that matter over these other guys. 

Rosen, Darnold, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chubb, Davenport, Allen, Williams.

We don’t have the luxury at the moment 

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Wouldn’t take Barkley or any RB for that matter over these other guys. 

Rosen, Darnold, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Jackson, Chubb, Davenport, Allen, Williams.

We don’t have the luxury at the moment 

Couldn't possibly disagree more. A player like Barkley changes the ability of the offense to move the chains and sustain drives which in turn helps the defense (see Philly with and without Chip Kelly).

Some of those guys are obviously more important like Rosen, Darnold and maybe Chubb based on position alone but the rest cannot be even compared to Barkley on impact. 

10 minutes ago, MoLewis57 said:

Couldn't possibly disagree more. A player like Barkley changes the ability of the offense to move the chains and sustain drives which in turn helps the defense (see Philly with and without Chip Kelly).

Some of those guys are obviously more important like Rosen, Darnold and maybe Chubb based on position alone but the rest cannot be even compared to Barkley on impact. 

Barkley plays a position where value can be found all over. 

Hes a good player but certainly will not impact the game like us getting either a QB, EDGE, Shut Down Corner or Stud O-Linemen(those are the positions you focus on early in the Draft because they’re premium positions)

Barkley would be a good pick but not the best pick at 6. 

This RB class is way too deep and Macc comes from a scouting tree that agrees. 

Archived