2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think you are under the impression I have Mayfield as my top rated QB. I am a big fan of Mayfield and would be fine with him at 6 but I think he is the 3rd or 4th best QB in this class (Depending on how you feel about Allen) I agree completely he doesn't fit the mold of a QB that Mac would draft, I think the other 3 fit the profile better. I just disagree with your stance on Mayfield, I don't think our front office is scared of his arrest or his cockiness. I would be willing to bet the majority of GMs don't care about either of those. I'd bet more are nervous about his height and hand size.

Then I generally agree with you. But I don’t honk he is 6th pick worthy. And that’s mainly bc I don’t like his antics as well as I’m looking at it from the Jets FO point of view as well and don’t think they want that either.

I really think it just comes down to some people love that Bryce Harper type personality and some don’t. I’m more in favor of a Derek jeter type personality leading this team. And I think that’s what the FO wants as well.

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Rosen is still my top QB, but I would be happy with Darnold, Baker, or Jackson. If the Browns take Barkley, that would be perfect for us. We could possibly move up to the colts or Giants to land a top 2 QB. 

Dream scenario would be Browns take Allen at 1 to sit behind Tyrod, Giants take Saquon at 2 and we jump up to 3 to take all the QBs

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

Dream scenario would be Browns take Allen at 1 to sit behind Tyrod, Giants take Saquon at 2 and we jump up to 3 to take all the QBs

Honestly that is the pick that makes the most sense for the Browns... I hadn't thought of that.  Take the guy with the highest ceiling and give him time behind a proven guy.... huh.  Man I hope that happens.

Just now, Dr.O said:

They can do that at #4. Either way, I just want us to land one of my top 4 QBs. We're in a great position honestly. Because of the dolphins, bills, Cards, and Redskins, I don't want to sit at #6. 

14 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Honestly that is the pick that makes the most sense for the Browns... I hadn't thought of that.  Take the guy with the highest ceiling and give him time behind a proven guy.... huh.  Man I hope that happens.

What happens if the Browns take Barkley with their first pick. Where does that leave the Giants with the second pick. we know the Colts at three don't need s QB would they trade the pick, we know at four the Browns could get a QB, Denver at five will take a QB. Jets at 6 what will Mac do? My worry is both the Giants & Colts could trade their picks.

Just now, doumeyer said:

What happens if the Browns take Barkley with their first pick. Where does that leave the Giants with the second pick. we know the Colts at three don't need s QB would they trade the pick, we know at four the Browns could get a QB, Denver at five will take a QB. Jets at 6 what will Mac do?

Giants would either take a QB or trade down 

10 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

What about Chubb or Nelson at #2?? Both are worthy of a #2 pick. 

Have too much money invested in JPP and Vernon, and I doubt they'd take Nelson although it would be a good pick

Just now, Bianconero said:

The Bills are trading into the Top 5 for a QB

Miami might too now

If we want a QB then we can't sit put

Exactly what I've been saying. So I'm pretty happy Macc hasn't traded any picks yet. We're going to need all of them. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Exactly what I've been saying. So I'm pretty happy Macc hasn't traded any picks yet. We're going to need all of them. 

You have a good point Ricky, if we make a move will need those picks

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

DR I agree that is my big worry no way the Giants will trade with us, but the Colts could.

I don't think the Giants would be that against trading with us.  We have a better pick especially for what they need.  If they trade back to #6 they could still potentially get Nelson the same guy they would take at #2 if Barkley was taken.

Also the more I think about it The more I don't see the point of the Browns trading back.  They have so many picks already and have filled some holes through trades.  They don't need a bunch of players they need stars.  They have 2 swings at stars in the top 5.  and they still have lots of day 2 picks.

Just now, doumeyer said:

You have a good point Ricky, if we make a move will need those picks

Yeah, looking at the options Cousins have, we can't put all of our eggs in one basket. The #1 thing I want to happen is we start building around the QB with our cap space. Get Robinson, Eifert/Graham and Richberg to start with. Whoever plays QB for us will have a great surrounding to work with. 

Archived