Senior Bowl 2018

Mind Character

Full list of accepted Invitees thus far: https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

My brother-in-law was canned from the Giants when they cleaned house this year so I won't get on the field access this year which really really sucks.

It was a good run...

...BUT this year's class without Hyperbole is one of the most talented group of players from top to bottom to be at the Senior Bowl in the last 5 years.

...And while I fully expect Hue to be fired along w/ most if not all the coaches, it's a shame that we won't be able to take advantage of the Senior Bowl coaching advantage (if we don't have coaches yet hired) like we did last year that netted us insights on players like Larry Ogunjobi.

-------------------------

A Quick Snapshot of big time players from the accepted invite class thus far starting w/ my favorite players:

Safety:

Trayvon Henderson, Hawaii (No one is talking about this guy but he is our starting FS...explosive, competitive, instinctual, big hitter, ranges w/ ease, elite ball skills

Armani Watts, TAMU (My favorite safety in the draft; however, his skill set is probably best suited as SS but we'll see...I've already said so much

------------

QBs:

Baker Mayfield, OU

Kyle Lauletta, Richmond (Not heard of yet but plays with elite compactness and feet like Drew Brees and is my favorite developmental QB).

Luke Falk, Wash St. (still a sleeper in my mind despite end of season struggles)

Mason Rudolph OKst

Kurt Benkert, UVA (a really good developmental QB)

Mike White, WKU

RBs:

Rashaad Penny,, SDSt (my favorite RB in this class besides Saquon Barkley)

FB/HB

Jaylen Samuels (Do everything offensive weapon, a coaches dream)

WRs

James Washington OKSt (WR1

Anthony Miller, Memphis (Dynamic playmakerl high end WR2)

Michael Gallup, CSU (I don't want to hear any Higgins comparisons; he's a different player and could be WR1 w/ some development

Jaleel Scott, New Mexico (Massive, sure handed weapon)

Darren Carrington Utah (A bigger Stefon Diggs w/ numerous off-field concerns, is WR1 material, will be important to get comfortable w/ him as a person, could be late round steal)

TEs

Ian Thomas TE indiana (TE1, Bigger, more physical, slower, similarly explosive Njoku)

Dallas Goedert South Dakota St (TE1 prospects)

Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin (The Best Hands catching TE prospect in 5 years, but a very limited athlete).

Adam Breneman, UMASS (Former 5-star TE1 prospect out of high school, has everything except for deep speed, strong hands, makes circus catches, Travis kelce-like).

OLs

Chukwuma Okorafor OT, Western Michigan (1st round talent)

Mason Cole, Michigan (C1)

Will hernandez, OG Utep (Would've been a first round pick last year)

CBs

Duke Dawson, Florida (Most competitive DB out of Florida in some time, short but a long athlete w/ CB1 upside

DTs

Maurice Hurst, Michigan (A lot of love on draft boards, I think he's meh, but is very talented)

DEs

Harold Landry, Boston College

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I’d love for us to coach the senior bowl again 

but I’d rather fire Hue

we got so many picks we’ll get some of those guys 

Well I think Dorsey has an idea of who he wants so he could potentially get a new staff built in time that they potentially can coach it but who knows. Nice thing is, just googling and looking for articles or whatever on who is considered up and coming nfl HC candidates that you see two KC assistants. Gives the browns a little bit of a leg up but who knows 

• 3 weeks later...

Good thing we aren't shopping for a QB this year. 

Denver requested Mayfield on their senior bowl team and ended up with both him and Allen.  I'm sure any inside information from that extra time at the senior bowl wouldn't have been valuable to Hue's evaluation as a QB whisperer. 

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018/01/18/denver-broncos-senior-bowl-roster-loaded-offense/

I'm personally glad that we aren't there this year. I think that Darnold and Rosen are so far superior to the other QB prospects that the LAST thing I want is for our FO and HC to fall in love with Mayfield or Allen and draft them or trade back and draft them.

JMHO

12 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Jaleel Scott WR, S Trayvon Henderson, and CB JaMarcus King will be names that start to buzz more after the senior bowl.

Good call on Trayvon Henderson. He looks extremely explosive and athletic. I wish I could find more but there is next to nothing out there. I could only find about 4 min total of highlights. I would like to find more on him. 

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Good call on Trayvon Henderson. He looks extremely explosive and athletic. I wish I could find more but there is next to nothing out there. I could only find about 4 min total of highlights. I would like to find more on him. 

What I discovered is that youtubers now upload entire games.

It's not good time-wise as it's easier to watch a 5-9minute draft breakdown cut up, but I click/skip the nonrelevant snaps and just focus on the player I'm trying to watch.

It's easy to skip ahead too far or miss a series by accident, but it's one way to watch a lot of these prospects where there aren't a lot of cutups readily available.

I usually just do the whole year/ team name/ full game search or year/ team name/ then I use youtube's advanced search to order the results by video length such that the one's that come up on the list are the long 2+ hour full game broadcast.

Then, I just skip through the game as my time permits.

It's going to be so funny when all the draft media people pull out the confirmation bias when Baker Mayfield measures above 6 ft or just under 6 ft 1.

"Now that Mayfield measured well, you have to take him number 1..."

"Mayfield now checking off the last box is worth the number 1 pick..."

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It's going to be so funny when all the draft media people pull out the confirmation bias when Baker Mayfield measures above 6 ft or just under 6 ft 1.

"Now that Mayfield measured well, you have to take him number 1..."

"Mayfield now checking off the last box is worth the number 1 pick..."

I know @freakygeniuskid and I are ready with ours. 

Archived