Senior Bowl 2018

Mind Character

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but to me it’s fake movement. It’s a careless / over confident movement. Situation that happens rarely ever happens in a game. I’ve seen some talented guy just destroy one on one drills and then just get destroyed in games. That’s why game tape will always be the best. So happy we have football guys in the FO who love tape

I feel you, buddy. Love our new FO! Tape is always #1.

14 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I feel you, buddy. Love our new FO! Tape is always #1.

It’s like this, I consider One on one pass rush drill just like an 7on7 and your judging your QB or defense purely from those results. So many outside factors 

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Stats below for comparison:

Sam Darnold vs. OSU - 57.8% cmpl, 356 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

Baker Mayfield vs. OSU - 77.1% cmpl, 386 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT

A little slanted, yes?

I mean, Mayfield played them early before the D had jelled while Darnold faced the finished product.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

A little slanted, yes?

I mean, Mayfield played them early before the D had jelled while Darnold faced the finished product.

Sure, I guess? It was the same players the whole time. And we (OSU fan) got better as the year went, but the Iowa loss was late in the season. So I guess we were up and down in general.

My point wasn't to do a 1-1 comparison and whoever did better was better. I was pointing out that I didn't think Mind's Bowl game comp was super fair and that that one might be at least somewhat closer.

Josh Allen's going no lower than 5th to the Broncos. Elway is going to fall deeply in love with him is my prediction.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/josh_allen_i_want_to_be_the_gu.amp

I see he's also saying the right things about wanting to be a Brown (aka wanting that #1 overall signing bonus). He's done his research.

His tools are otherworldly, this I cannot deny. He is a 56% career passer, this I cannot deny.

13 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Sure, I guess? It was the same players the whole time. And we (OSU fan) got better as the year went, but the Iowa loss was late in the season. So I guess we were up and down in general.

My point wasn't to do a 1-1 comparison and whoever did better was better. I was pointing out that I didn't think Mind's Bowl game comp was super fair and that that one might be at least somewhat closer.

True.  But this was Bakers line in 2016, the first time he saw the Ohio State defense.  Still not horrible and against a much stingier pass defense.  Darnold only saw them once in his career, I would have expected USC to make adjustments if they had a second shot and a complete offseason to prepare for them. 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
Baker Mayfield 17/32 226 7.1 2 2 22.8

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

conviently late to Senior Bowl... Dont matter, he will get measured.

Allegedly he's had "family issues".

Boy, "issues" seem to follow this kid around.

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. A lot of "little things" with him and a lot of excuses.

A big no thanks to him.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. A lot of "little things" with him and a lot of excuses.

A big no thanks to him.

The more I dig on Baker the more I think he has rehab issues. Similar to Arden Key.

And before anyone goes nuts on me, Im a Baker fan. But something smells funny.

I was all aboard the Shaquill Griffin UCF CB train last year, and I had him as my favorite later round selection with pro bowl upside.

He played really well for the Seahawks in a surprising starting role.

His brother Shaquem Griffin UCF has one hand and is a baller.

Huge production out of college in terms of TFLs and sacks. His competitive fire and motor is second to none in the draft.

\

22 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

It was same players but the growth the secondary made through out the year was exponential! Indiana was picking a part the pass defense because of the holes in it. Following week Oklahoman Exposed/exploited it.

Biggest factor. Just when looking at the top tier P5 programs. Oklahoma had the best OL and USC might of had the worst OL

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

A big no thanks to him.

He publicly stated his Mom was admitted to the Hospital. Reports said he might not play in the game because of it now

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He publicly stated his Mom was admitted to the Hospital. Reports said he might not play in the game because of it now

I truly and sincerely hope that she's ok.

That said, I hope he's done grabbing his grotch.

I hope he's done intentionally hitting opponents in the head in pregame warmups.

I hope he's done cussing out fans.

I hope he's done flipping off fans.

I hope he's done resisting arrest.

Archived