Players you like (any round)

Armsteeld2

CBs

Tony Brown 6'0 200: Fast.  Violent.  Aggressive.  Big hitter.  ST demon.  Passionate player who reminds me of Burns in that he looks out of control at times.

Josh Jackson 6'1 190: Ballhawk.  Can press and play off well.  Is good in man and zone.  Former WR with nice hands to pick off passes.

Jaire Alexander 5'10 190: Smart.  Physical.  Man and zone.  Active hands.  Attacks the ball well.

Carlton Davis 6'1 203: Feisty.  Nice size.  Decent speed.  Willing tackler but seems hesitant at times.  Seems almost uninterested too much.

Levi Wallance 6'0 185: Press CB who stays close and in WRs hips.  Has good hands to make the pick.  Challenges every catch and deflects balls.  Underrated CB who is sneaky good. Logan Ryan type.

Josh Jackson is a guy who really jumped off the screen to me when I watched Hawkeye games for Josey Jewell.  

Josey Jewell, although I'm not 100% sold on his fit at the NFL level.  He's better than Matakevich at least I'm sure of that.  

Isaiah Oliver is another one who always caught my eye when I was watching Colorado last year for Witherspoon and Awuzie.  

Sam Hubbard of course.  TJ Watt 2.0 if he lost 10-15 lbs.  He's miscast as a DE asked to read and diagnose first before rushing. 

Mike McGlinchey sure looked good last year when I was looking at OTs.  I didn't watch ND much this year though. 

Josh Allen looked outstanding in that bowl game.  Carson Wentz 2.0 as far as I'm concerned off of that game.  Looked like trash against Iowa.

Saquon Barkley is a monster.

Equanimeous St. Brown looked good in what little I saw out of ND this year. 

Derwin James looked good in what little I saw out of him as well.  I didn't figure it was worth paying much attention to since the only players on that team I liked were all projected as very high draft picks.  What I do remember from very early on in the season was him lining up at CB and LB and S all in the same game.  Very versatile.

Simmie Cobb Jr looked outstanding in the 1 game I watched of him this year (Ohio State).

Mason Rudolph looked really good at times, especially against Pitt.  Other games he looked to lack arm strength.  Josh Allen has a cannon.

Dallas Goedert looks like he has amazing hands and is a strong, physical, aggressive YAC guy.  

Jaleel Scott, WR, NM State looks to be a late round gem?  

Jordan Whitehead, if he's not a headcase or suspension risk.  

It is a sucky draft class to need an ILB or a FS.

I already mentioned Rasheed Penny RB SDSU.  5th all time collegian rusher. Best all around back in the draft.

Davontae Harris CB Illinois St. Smooth CB with shutdown skills.

Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina - Very nice TE.  Great hands good size.  will test well at the combine.  Older(25) than the Steelers like.

Terrell Edmunds S Virgina Tech - Not sure he or is brother are coming out this year but he fits the mold for a Steeler safety.

Justin Reid FS Stanford - Another player that may or may not come out.  A top 50 pick.  Good range and smart. Brother to Eric  Reid (49's)

Chase Linton QB Marshall UDFA - Keep and eye on this guy.  The Steelers have scouted him.  Has the size and the ability.  Needs coaching to fix some mechanics

Chris Worley ILB Ohio State - If the Steelers can't get Roquan Smith (Georgia) then I think Worley is a good pick.  Has the speed that they are lacking without Shazier ( but not up to the same speed).

Michael Gallup WR Colorado St. - When looking at College WR look for the good route runners.  Gallup is a pretty good route runner and  has great hands.

Donte Jackson 5'11 180: Speed.  Speed. Speed.  Has great vertical and the ability to track the ball in flight.  Has good hands and when he presses, he will actually jam a WR.  Maybe a 2nd round CB but he does everything well. LSU CBs are normally pretty technically sound and Jackson has superstar potential. Supposedly ran a 4.24 in the 40.  Draft eligible Junior.

Duke Johnson 5'10 200: Very competitive.  Very smart.  Ballhawk.  Good in man or zone.  Would be ideal for a switch to FS.  Solid tackler.  Average speed and over-aggressiveness is weakness to me.  Good football player!

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

It is a sucky draft class to need an ILB or a FS.

I already mentioned Rasheed Penny RB SDSU.  5th all time collegian rusher. Best all around back in the draft.

Davontae Harris CB Illinois St. Smooth CB with shutdown skills.

Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina - Very nice TE.  Great hands good size.  will test well at the combine.  Older(25) than the Steelers like.

I like him too, except for his age.  

Terrell Edmunds S Virgina Tech - Not sure he or is brother are coming out this year but he fits the mold for a Steeler safety.

Justin Reid FS Stanford - Another player that may or may not come out.  A top 50 pick.  Good range and smart. Brother to Eric  Reid (49's)

I wouldn't take him just because of who his brother is.  I don't want a stupid loud mouth activist masquerading as a football player on my roster.

Chase Linton QB Marshall UDFA - Keep and eye on this guy.  The Steelers have scouted him.  Has the size and the ability.  Needs coaching to fix some mechanics

It's Litton.  I checked him out last year, and just watched 1.5 more games on draftbreakdown again.  I just don't like him.  As Walterfootball says, he's a love/hate guy.  He seems to lack velocity on his throws, has a weird throwing motion (which you alluded to), but he definitely has the size and looks like he moves well.  As you said, UDFA, might be worth a look then.  I wonder about arm strength though.  Maybe mechanic tweaking would increase velocity on throws?  But the main reason I'm commenting is his WR, Tyre Brady, sure looks good.  6'3" 215, a transfer from Miami.  He had 248 yards receiving in the game against NC State that I watched.  Made some nice catches.  A junior, but he sat a year out, so he's eligible, and if his QB is leaving, maybe he will too?  

Chris Worley ILB Ohio State - If the Steelers can't get Roquan Smith (Georgia) then I think Worley is a good pick.  Has the speed that they are lacking without Shazier ( but not up to the same speed).

Michael Gallup WR Colorado St. - When looking at College WR look for the good route runners.  Gallup is a pretty good route runner and  has great hands.

The rest I haven't looked into or paid much attention to.  I usually watch a lot of Stanford, but this year I didn't watch them much.  In prior years, I watched just for Solomon Thomas and Christian McCaffrey.  I zero'd in on those 2 exclusively last year.  

Harold Landry 6'3 250: Technique is solid.  Great ability to dip and rip under the OT.  Insane quickness when he attacks.  Has multiple pass rush moves.  Pipe dream for the Steelers.

Bradley Chubb 6'3 275: Powerful.  Relentless.  High energy.  Strong hands.  Powerful hands.  Variety of pass rush moves.  Strong versus the pass and run.  Pipe dream selection.

Arden Key 6'6 248: Speed.  Quickness.  Can dip and rip with the best of them.  Pass rush terror.  Can defend the run but needs to get better.  Potential top 20 pick who could fall to the Steelers.

Duke Ejiofor 6'4 270: Powerful.  Relentless.  Strong hands.  Can play the run and pass well.  Reminds me of Preston Smith.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, armsteeld said:

Harold Landry 6'3 250: Technique is solid.  Great ability to dip and rip under the OT.  Insane quickness when he attacks.  Has multiple pass rush moves.  Pipe dream for the Steelers.

Bradley Chubb 6'3 275: Powerful.  Relentless.  High energy.  Strong hands.  Powerful hands.  Variety of pass rush moves.  Strong versus the pass and run.  Pipe dream selection.

Arden Key 6'6 248: Speed.  Quickness.  Can dip and rip with the best of them.  Pass rush terror.  Can defend the run but needs to get better.  Potential top 20 pick who could fall to the Steelers.

Duke Ejiofor 6'4 270: Powerful.  Relentless.  Strong hands.  Can play the run and pass well.  Reminds me of Preston Smith.

Will have to check the last guy but these other three are studs. I think they’re top 10 picks but guys fall for different reasons and I’d love to have any of them

Speaking of some guys I love. 

Bryce Love. I’ll do the cool video uploads some other time

Bo Scarborough 

Saquon Barkley

Kerryon Johnson

Sony Michel

Guice 

I like Jackson and Darnold if they go back to school and develop. 

Rosen is like your classic Matt Ryan type

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Derwin James

Don’t forget Utah’s punter. No joke. Stud

Seems like I should look at Josh Jackson, Hayden Hurst, and ND WR EQ Brown

First of all let me just say the "round" I've listed is the round I'd prefer to select them in, not the round they're projected in because frankly, I'm not 100% up to date on projections as of yet.

R1 - S Justin Reid/Stanford -- He doesn't have elite skills but he is an all around play maker against both the pass and run.  He could play SS or FS (most likely FS for us).  I personally view S and ILB as our top 2 needs.

Round 6 -- RB Kerryon Johnson/Auburn -- He has flashes of Bell imo, they're not exact replicas but he has respectable speed, excellent footwork, shows good vision and patience.  Imo, we definitely need more depth at RB.  I like Conner don't get me wrong, loved the pick, but he's one guy, we need at least 2 legit RB's behind Bell (given the injury issues we've had at the position in the past). (Round 6)

R5 -- WR Courtland Sutton/SMU  -- Idk if WR is really a need position but he's got size and he's got flashes of big play ability.  He could be a good project receiver that would make a push against Justin Hunter, Bey, and Rogers for a spot in the Top 4 Rotation. (Round 5)

R3 --  OT Connor Williams/Texas -- This kid has a good story and good talent.  If Munchak isn't hired away he'd be able to get greatness out of this kid if he's available.  

I'm definitely in the preliminary stages of looking at the 2018 draft class, but so far, I love this guy for us in the 1st.  He would immediately have a Shazier-like effect on our run stops.  Great tackler, elite burst.  Plays with a lot of passion.   Can line up inside or outside, much like VW has at times.

Skai Moore South Carolina ILB 6'2 225: Diagnoses quickly.  Uses his hands well to shed blocks and keep himself clean.  Beast in pass defense as he made 14 interceptions.  Takes good angles to the ball carrier.  Seems like his speed is ok but nothing eye popping.  Will sometimes jump around blocks and not the best blitzer.   Solid tackler and he has a strong lower half.  You guys will like this guy.  Scary thing is he suffered a herniated disk in his neck in 2016.  This could possibly scare teams away and thats why I was skeptical of including him here especially after the Shazier injury.

Uchenna Nwosu USC OLB 6'2 245: Good motor.  Quick off the edge.  Flattens well to the QB.  Played in 2 point stance while in college.  Uses hands well to get off blocks.

Azem Victor UW ILB 6'4 236: Powerful.  Disengages well.  Has good closing speed.  Solid tackler.  Passionate player.  Has some nasty in his game. 

Jeff Holland Auburn OLB 6'2 250: Relentless.  Powerful.  Plays the run as well as he crushes QBs.  A smaller less injured version of Carl Lawson but with a better motor.  Has experience playing in a 2 point stance.  Is coming out early as a Jr.  Will shoot up draft boards as evaluations get deeper.

Breeland Speaks DE Ole Miss 6'3 285: Powerful.  Very quick off the snap.  Moves well for such a big man.  Can play the run as good as he rushes the passer.  Penetrating DE who many don't know of.

Vita Vea Washington DT 6'5 335: Powerful.  Athletic.  Light on his feet but heavy in the trenches.  Can anchor and get off the blocks to make the tackle.  Is a huge man like McCullers but more advanced in technique/fundamentals.  Will occupy multiple blockers and freeing up ILBs to make more plays.  I think he is a JR coming out early for the draft.

Joshua Frazier Alabama DL 6'4 315: Powerful at point of attack.  Flows well to the football.  Is able to extend his arms and control the OL.  Can handle double teams and not be handled.  Bama produces DL every year that look exactly like the guys from the year before.  Frazier compares well to Jarran Reed and Ashawn Robinson.  Very underrated prospect.

Da'Ron Payne Alabama DL 6'2 310: Powerful at point of attack.  Flows well to the football.  Is able to extend his arms and control the OL.  Can handle double teams and not be handled.  Bama produces DL every year that look exactly like the guys from the year before.  Payne compares well to Jarran Reed and Ashawn Robinson.  All these guys are clones lol

Archived