Players you like (any round)

Armsteeld2

Tremaine Edmunds Virginia Tech OLB 6'5 250: Powerful.  Fast.  Quick to the hole but makes too many false moves.  Solid tackler.  Needs work in coverage.  Needs work in dianosing plays.  Unlimited athletic potential and will be 19 when drafted.  Interesting MLB project.

Cam Sims Alabama WR 6'5 214: Size speed prospect who has made some big plays at Alabama.  Solid blocker.  Runs good routes.  Is skill or the horrible QBs and deep talented WRs at Alabama, that helped limit his production?  I see someone that can be that big ball receiver that the Steelers like.

Anthony Averett Alabama CB 6'0 185: Great feet that keep him tight and close to his man.  Solid blitzer.  Sticky cover guy.  Aggressive attacking the ball in the air.  Solid and willing tackler.  Not afraid to take on pulling OL.  Solid hands to deflect the ball away.  Underrated cover guy.  

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Shaun Dion Hamilton Alabama MLB 6'0 235: Powerful.  Explosive.  Big hitter.  Covers ground quickly.  Alabama's cover LB.  Football player!  Hopefully on Steelers' radar.

what about the knee injuries? Tore ACL before and now fractured knee cap. Is that why he has a lower RD grade on walter football?

Like this kid Josey Jewell 6'2 236 ILB Iowa.  Probably can get him in the 3-4 rd.  

"Josey Jewell will check off most boxes NFL scouts look for.

Production. Jewell was a Butkus Award finalist last season, leading the Hawkeyes with 124 tackles.

Leadership. The Hawkeyes selected Jewell for the leadership council as a sophomore and named him a permanent team captain as a junior.

Smarts. His football IQ is strong. So is his work ethic. He found a way to improve this spring with limited reps by watching the footwork of teammates during drills.

Intangibles. Jewell is a first-to-arrive, jumping-to-the-front-of-the-line-for-reps kind of player teams seek in the draft.

There is a lot to like about Jewell. It’s why he’s already ranked the No. 5 inside linebacker for 2018, according to CBSSports.com.

Jewell possesses a nose for the football. He’ll need to convince NFL teams his athleticism and pass-coverage skills will translate to the next level."

On 2018-01-13 at 11:53 AM, armsteeld said:

Orlando Brown Jr Oklahoma OT 6'7 360: Powerful.  Massive.  Quite nimble for such a huge guy but some of the shiftier guys can give him problems.  Uses his long arms well to keep defenders off his body.  Tackle isn't a need but I would draft this guy to be Ramon Foster's replacement.

Sources have said that Brown plays up or down to competition, and that could be seen with an excellent game against Ohio State but an ugly one versus Iowa State

do we need to chance having more of this on our team? He looks legit, but the playing down to completion is something we should try to stay away from. Too bad , because he seems like a natural OT, but if he falls in the draft, could be a good pick if he doesn't play down to competition

Walterfootball has him RD2 or RD3, will he fall that much?

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Sources have said that Brown plays up or down to competition, and that could be seen with an excellent game against Ohio State but an ugly one versus Iowa State

do we need to chance having more of this on our team? He looks legit, but the playing down to completion is something we should try to stay away from. Too bad , because he seems like a natural OT, but if he falls in the draft, could be a good pick if he doesn't play down to competition

Walterfootball has him RD2 or RD3, will he fall that much?

I haven't watched a game where he has looked bad.  He will probably go in the 1st round.  Dude is mobile to be so damn big and his power and ability to get to LBs and DBs is uncanny.  Max Starks is who he reminds me of.

Damien Harris Alabama RB 5'11 220: Powerful.  Shifty.  Sneaky fast.  Great balance.  Runs with low pad level.  Catches the ball well out of the backfield.  Breaks tackles easily.  Willing pass blocker.  A slasher with good vision.  My NFL comparison is Seahawks' Thomas Rawls.

15 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I haven't watched a game where he has looked bad.  He will probably go in the 1st round.  Dude is mobile to be so damn big and his power and ability to get to LBs and DBs is uncanny.  Max Starks is who he reminds me of.

accept Brown puts people on the ground, he has his times where he really controls the opponent. I would like the pick,  the OL  needs to stay good or why not get better.  We have Hawkins for OT3, but if we release Foster, I expect to sing Finney and draft a Guard RD2  (Hernandez) . 

@armsteeld, give me a breakdown on Dorance Armstrong DE Kansas. As the Jayhawks top Defensive threat he was double teamed a lot but I see loads of untapped talent in an inconsistent player. What do you see?

Also, L.J. Scott RB MSU. Obviously the lazy comparison is to Bell but there are some similarities. Like Bell he's patient and sets up his blockers nicely. Their size is identical with L.J being faster. Also, it's assumed he'll need to lose some weight to become more affective in the NFL a la Bell. 

Archived