Players you like (any round)

Armsteeld2

Christopher Herndon Miami TE 6'4 250: Smooth athlete.  Runs good routes.  Knows how to get separation.  Can make combat catches and will truck the defenders.  Solid blocker.  Good speed.  Sleeper prospect now but will gain momentum as draft approaches.  Plays like David Njoku whom many here liked.  Dude is an impressive athlete.

Shaquille Powell Alabama State OG 6'3 310: Powerful mauler that plays with a wide base.  Moves his feet well and gets to the 2nd level with ease.  Good in pass and run blocking.  Small school prospect but big talent.  Nastiness to finish blocks with his guy eating grass!

Freshman and Sophs looked great :S Jake Fromm QB looked good.  Blankenship(KK Georgia) is pretty amazing. Riley Ridley (Wr Ge) looked good

Isaiah Wynn OL Georgia looked decent. Roquan Smith looked good and fast. Sony Michel looked fast.  He made himself some money.

7 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I didn’t watch the national championship game. How’d the prospects play?

Roquan was all over the place making tackles and displaying his speed.  Took good angles to the ball.  DL kept him free.

Lorenzo Carter was disruptive and flushed the QBs all night along with the other Georgia LB.

Chubb was held in check for the most part as he was misused in trying to get the edges too often.

Michel displayed power, speed, ability to find daylight in a tunnel, and toughness running up the middle of that stout Bama DL.

Rashaan Evans showcased his ability to constantly get off blocks and flow to the ball.  Versatility showed in him rushing off the edges and he has a Dwight Freenyish spin move that is a thing of beauty. 

Tony Brown displayed his toughness as a gunner and made a nice interception with his back to the play and ta  king the ball from the WR.  Later on, he was burned for an 80 yard touchdown.

Da'Ron Payne has muscles that have muscles and is almost unblockable on a one on one matchup.  He is great at controlling the OL and getting off his blocks to make the tackle.  Has an explosive first step.

Levi Wallace is a sticky man cover CB but had issues turning to locate the ball.  Didn't allow separation and made some plays in the running game.

Ronnie Harrison was avoided most of the game but flew to the ball and made some timely tackles. 

Calvin Ridley is as smooth as a slippery floor covered in baby oil.  His initial release is amazing and if a CB tries to jam him, he better have Safety help over the top.  Ran some routes that left the DBs flatfooted or falling trying to keep up.

20 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What are some opinions on Tremaine Edmunds? Can he play ILB? He seems like a fantastic athlete that might be able to play a rover position for us.

I see him as an ILB for us and he could possibly excel there.  Reminds me of KJ Wright.

On 2017-12-31 at 2:17 PM, armsteeld said:

Josh Sweat 6'5 255: Powerful.  Relentless.  Passionate.  Plays the run well.  Isn't the most explosive and like Watt has injured both knees in the past.

NO , we don't need another dupree, slow off the snap -> no future in nfl.

Kerryon Johnson Auburn RB 6'0 210: Patient runner.  Explosive.  Sets up his blocks really well.  Has great vision.  Runs with great pad level.  Has good lateral quickness and can run through you or juke your jock strap off.  Can catch the ball out of the backfield.  He has been copying Bell's running style and it shows on the field.  Could be a great rotational player.

Derwin James FSU S 6'3 212: Great range.  Plays the box well and is good blitzing off the edge.  Fundamentally sound tackler but misses too many tackles.  More of a reach tackler than bringing his body when chasing plays.  Can get stiff hipped in the open field when the runner has a two way go.  Great athlete.  I watched the Alabama, Boston College, Florida and Syracuse games and James should be there in the first round if the Steelers want him.  He is another Obi Melifonwu in that he is a better athlete than football player.

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

@armsteeld you think James lasts to the back end of the 1st? I thought he's a sure fire top 10 guy?

As a football player, yes he will be available in the back end of the first round.  Athletically, he is a Top 10 pick for sure.  I don't see top end instincts/awareness when watching him.  I've been wrong many times before but I see better football players at Safety like Ronnie Harrison, Armani Watts and #2 from Penn State (who needs to get better playing deep half).

Just now, armsteeld said:

As a football player, yes he will be available in the back end of the first round.  Athletically, he is a Top 10 pick for sure.  I don't see top end instincts/awareness when watching him.  I've been wrong many times before but I see better football players at Safety like Ronnie Harrison, Armani Watts and #2 from Penn State (who needs to get better playing deep half).

I think he gets drafted high because of the lack of elite talent at the Safety position. Some might argue James is an elite talent, I don't know I haven't watched him.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he gets drafted high because of the lack of elite talent at the Safety position. Some might argue James is an elite talent, I don't know I haven't watched him.

That's highly possible but there are some very good Safeties in this draft class that I like.  Watch some film on him as there is plenty.  I came away unimpressed and my hopes were high.

Archived