Dilly, Dilly back to the pit of misery

cowboysdreamer

24 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Looks like it's not just us who are frustrated with Linehan.

Dez also had a comment where he stated he was upset with the scheme.

Well if Jerry wont listen to the fans, maybe the players can convince him that this offense is not working. 

14 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Slater would go on to suggest that some of our players support Linehan and don’t think he has as much control over the offense as he should.

Just saying

Really now? That's interesting...

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Slater would go on to suggest that some of our players support Linehan and don’t think he has as much control over the offense as he should.

Just saying

1 minute ago, Desperado82 said:

Really now? That's interesting...

Jason Garrett is the problem. Linehan is using Garrett's offensive scheme to call plays instead of his own. If we keep Linehan or decide to bring in a new OC, they need to let him install his own offense. 

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Or, since that's unlikely to happen - he needs to give Linehan full control of the offense.

I think that is unlikely as well.

The only thing that will change next year, is Garrett will clap harder and more often since we are bound to have more mistakes running the same plays with the same players.

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I think that is unlikely as well.

The only thing that will change next year, is Garrett will clap harder and more often since we are bound to have more mistakes running the same plays with the same players.

Wonder if we could get him to put on a Joker mask...

Jason Garrett will probably still be there because he's Jerry's "yes" man ! All the other past coaches that led the Cowboy's with a firm grip on the team and went to past Super Bowls under Jerry Jones all left because they didn't want to be Jerry's "yes" men. They wanted control of the locker room and not having Jerry running to the media after games giving interviews and answering questions that the coaches should of been answering. I still think that this team has more question marks of where they are at and how long it will take to get there ? If this organization doesn't get on the same page starting from the front office and down to the locker room the up hill climb is only going to be harder and longer.  Every one thought that revamping this secondary was a bad thought but these player's made big strides near the end of the season, if they can do it with the secondary they can do it with other parts of this roster. The Cowboy's just need to truly look at this roster and say who stays and who has to go, don't let the big ego's take over this TEAM, because it's not an I sport but a TEAM sport. If the Cowboy's do keep Garrett he needs to have the guts to decide in which direction they go with new or old coordinator's.

9 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Just saying

OK, well how much more control do you need when you already call the plays and coordinate the passing game? He does call the plays. I've seen him.

And is it good that only "some," players support Linehan?

And Jane Slater is still learning which teams are AFC and which are NFC. She also said earlier in the year that guys like David Irving AND DeMarcus Lawrence are products of Marinelli and not drafted guys. She is new to the sport, and seems readily confused.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

OK, well how much more control do you need when you already call the plays and coordinate the passing game? He does call the plays. I've seen him.

And is it good that only "some," players support Linehan?

And Jane Slater is still learning which teams are AFC and which are NFC. She also said earlier in the year that guys like David Irving AND DeMarcus Lawrence are products of Marinelli and not drafted guys. She is new to the sport, and seems readily confused.

FWIW, she isn't the only one saying the players are displeased with the play calling. 

37 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

FWIW, she isn't the only one saying the players are displeased with the play calling. 

Well I don't doubt they are. Especially the intelligent ones. This isn't ground breaking. Just pointing out that Jane Slater is worse than Ian Rappaport imo. 

Also wondering how Scott Linehan could possibly have more control when he already calls the plays, and redesigned our passing game when he got here. The guy calling the plays is probably the most in control coach in the game.  And our biggest area of struggle is passing. That doesn't necessarily scream promotion to me. JG is being called out for being a cheer leader\puppet, yet needs to relinquish MORE control? WTF does JG do anyway? What control? Clapping? Roster decisions? Is that the control Linehan should have? I don't think our team struggled because someone on the bench should have been playing. In fact, everytime someone from the bench came in it was disaster.

So something doesn't sound right, and then I see we are dissecting Jane Slater tweets and it all makes sense.

I guess what I was trying to say is that Linehan might be calling the plays, but it's Garrett's offense, which is really Norv Turner's offense, which worked great in the 90's... when we had so much more talent than everyone that they've since changed the rules for the sake of competitive balance.

Football's changed a lot since then, and continues to, and I'm not just referring to the passing game. There's always new and innovative ways to deploy your 11 men on the field, and those that aren't actively seeking out new approaches are getting left behind. I feel like, you know, if we're just using the same playbook we've always used, because it's worked before- as recently as last year- when we're just better than the opposition... I mean, that's really the problem we're trying to address across like 4 different threads, right? Our stubborn playcalling that depends exclusively on the availability of every last one of our Pro Bowlers to have any chance of success?

I'm not saying giving full control to Linehan would be a good thing. Just that replacing him with someone else might not change much- which is probably why they aren't bothering.

There's more evidence to this than the Twitter feed of one of NFL Network's trademark eye candy "reporters". Just thought that little note was interesting since supposedly it comes from the players themselves.

Archived