Week 17: The End: Washington Redskins @ New York Giants

Acgott

In our worst season ever, at least the NFC East provided some misery of their own. No one in our division will end the season happy.

Draft Scenario is pretty simple.

1. Loss= #2 pick.

2. Win and Colts win vs. Texans= #2 pick.

3. Win and Colts loss= #3 pick.

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

In our worst season ever, at least the NFC East provided some misery of their own. No one in our division will end the season happy.

Draft Scenario is pretty simple.

1. Loss= #2 pick.

2. Win and Colts win vs. Texans= #2 pick.

3. Win and Colts loss= #3 pick.

Would be nice to get a win to close out the season on such a low.

You got a prediction? 

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

You got a prediction? 

It would not be nice to close the season with a win. Disaster fuels change. We want Mara to remember not to hire any Giants executives.

Just now, Acgott said:

It would not be nice to close the season with a win. Disaster fuels change. We want Mara to remember not to hire any Giants executives.

Speaking of executives, of those interviewed for our next GM, do you have a favorite?

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

You got a prediction? 

What? A win would be a total disaster. You don't get this far with losing, only to throw it all away on the last freaking day.

7 minutes ago, Ohbeejay said:

What? A win would be a total disaster. You don't get this far with losing, only to throw it all away on the last freaking day.

So we want our players to quit?  What kind of leadership is that?  

Odds are they likely won't win this game, like they've done most of the season, but for a coach or even a player in a leadership role to go out and tell their players and peers to intentionally lose, is something I wouldn't welcome.

35 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Odds are they likely won't win this game, like they've done most of the season, but for a coach or even a player in a leadership role to go out and tell their players and peers to intentionally lose, is something I wouldn't welcome.

No I didn't say that. You don't have to quit to lose a game.

4 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Most of the players won’t be here next year. Major changes are coming. It doesn’t matter how they play now 

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Most of the players won’t be here next year. Major changes are coming. It doesn’t matter how they play now 

guess it all depends on who they bring in as GM and how much control the owners give.  There will be changes but mainly by not resigning a bunch of the listed free agents.  I don't see the team getting crazy with releasing a bunch of players.  I'd like to see a new offensive line though.

edit:  I could see them getting released if they go out this week and show no effort at all.  Then I could see a reason to clean house.

14 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

@Acgott you got any players in mind that likely want be on the roster next season, that are under contract in 2018?

As you said, most players will be retained solely due to their contracts. This will be a slow process to overturn the roster. It mostly be low cost starters and backups in the first year. 

Giants have some talent on both sides of the wall. We need a new commander to put it together.

15 minutes ago, Acgott said:

As you said, most players will be retained solely due to their contracts. This will be a slow process to overturn the roster. It mostly be low cost starters and backups in the first year. 

Giants have some talent on both sides of the wall. We need a new commander to put it together.

You really are in rebuild mode...haha.  

Was trying to think who all the giants signed last year, that might not be on the roster this year along with some other possibles.

Brandon Marshall, I think you mentioned him in another conversation.  I could see the team pulling a Victor Cruz move, either take a serious pay cut or get released.  Cutting him would save the team 5 million.  

Ereck Flowers - cap savings 0 call it a wash.

Bobby Hart - saves us 705k not great savings but isn't worth the roster spot is the only reason I mention him.

I'll also include "the other eli" after hearing the latest suspension news.  However, releasing him either post or pre june first hurts the cap.  Only way out of this deal is to trade him, which I imagine his value at this point would be a conditional 2019 draft pick. 

anyway that's my short list, feel free to add more or discuss the ones I've posted.

Archived