Week 17: The End: Washington Redskins @ New York Giants

Acgott

Man, this was one of the ugliest games I've seen two teams put on in a looong time. So depressing to see these scrubs pretend to be professional football players. It was nice to see them get a win though. This year has been incredibly difficult but to see the crowd (the few that were there) chanting Eli Manning's name, to see Wayne Gallman make some really nice moves, that was nice. And it didn't hurt us in the end. Time to put this in the past and focus on the future. 

On 1/3/2018 at 12:32 PM, GMENNATION said:

Man, this was one of the ugliest games I've seen two teams put on in a looong time. So depressing to see these scrubs pretend to be professional football players. It was nice to see them get a win though. This year has been incredibly difficult but to see the crowd (the few that were there) chanting Eli Manning's name, to see Wayne Gallman make some really nice moves, that was nice. And it didn't hurt us in the end. Time to put this in the past and focus on the future. 

I got burned just last year in thinking a backup, rookie RB looking good late in the season was meaningful and indicative of how his 2nd season would go. I'm not gonna get burned again. As far as I'm concerned, we still don't have a good RB, especially with Darkwa being a FA. 

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I got burned just last year in thinking a backup, rookie RB looking good late in the season was meaningful and indicative of how his 2nd season would go. I'm not gonna get burned again. As far as I'm concerned, we still don't have a good RB, especially with Darkwa being a FA. 

Agreed, don't want to see us going into next season with Gallman as our #1

36 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Agreed, don't want to see us going into next season with Gallman as our #1

Yeah, I can assure you that won't happen. He showed even less than Perkins showed last year. At the very least we'll bring back Darkwa – who actually showed quite a bit this year. 750 yards on 4.4 per clip is VERY impressive behind this atrocious line and pass-less offense. If he's signed by someone else then we'll bring in a proven FA RB like Freeman from ATL or we'll draft Barkley.

22 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Gallman is basically Vereens replacement, he’s more of a receiving RB. 

Gallman was the best late round value draft RB in the draft (late round is 4-7th, mid round is 2-3rd). We fired Reese after he drafted Engram, Gallman, Tomlinson. Gettleman's drafts are consistently worse. Cam Newton was everything against the Saints because Gettleman didn't do his job.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:07 PM, w4rrior723 said:

Yeah, I can assure you that won't happen. He showed even less than Perkins showed last year. At the very least we'll bring back Darkwa – who actually showed quite a bit this year. 750 yards on 4.4 per clip is VERY impressive behind this atrocious line and pass-less offense. If he's signed by someone else then we'll bring in a proven FA RB like Freeman from ATL or we'll draft Barkley.

@w4rrior723- Wow, do you think they might do that? Use the #2-overall pick on Saquon Barkley, with that - and I totally agree with you- atrocious line? Over a QB, or trading down for more picks, presumably at least one of which- a high one- would be an offensive lineman? I can't imagine any running back would be all that productive with that odds-and-ends line they currently have. @Kip Smithers, @GMENNATION, what do you think they should do?

42 minutes ago, celestial said:

Gallman was the best late round value draft RB in the draft (late round is 4-7th, mid round is 2-3rd). We fired Reese after he drafted Engram, Gallman, Tomlinson. Gettleman's drafts are consistently worse. Cam Newton was everything against the Saints because Gettleman didn't do his job.

What? The Panthers have been consistently in the playoffs which cannot he said for us. Panthers fans were sad to see Gettleman go while pretty much every Giants fan was happy to see JR go, what does that tell you? 

Yes they have tried enough to put weapons around him but they also have a invested in the LB position something we have neglected. 

5 minutes ago, bzane said:

@w4rrior723- Wow, do you think they might do that? Use the #2-overall pick on Saquon Barkley, with that - and I totally agree with you- atrocious line? Over a QB, or trading down for more picks, presumably at least one of which- a high one- would be an offensive lineman? I can't imagine any running back would be all that productive with that odds-and-ends line they currently have. @Kip Smithers, @GMENNATION, what do you think they should do?

Draft Chubb or Wilkins, or most preferably trade down. If we were Dallas or Philly? Sure. But we ain’t. We draft a day 1 contributer. What annoys me is that we so desperately need a rangy LB and UGA has Smith who fits that bill but he’s not worth the second pick and he’s not gonna be there at 34. Lorenzo Carter is another guy who will be gone by 34. 

Archived