Week 17 GDT - Jets for the #1 seed

tonyto36

20 hours ago, everlong said:

We're not losing to Bryce freaking Petty. If that happens, I expect a player to be cut or a coach fired.

I second that sir! I know this will come to a shock to most you as I'm always known to fear a loss is coming but not this week fellas. And if they do find a way to lose I'll take full blame of it by jinxing them. 

I also think they can rest some banged up players and still get the win and thus have those players off for 2 weeks until the divisional round starts.

2 hours ago, everlong said:

Steelers sitting Ben and Bell despite playing the same time as us means a.) they don't think the Jets are winning and b.) it gives us even more room for error.

Wow, really?

That's surprising considering how badly we played against the Dolphins just a few weeks ago.

15 hours ago, everlong said:

Steelers sitting Ben and Bell despite playing the same time as us means a.) they don't think the Jets are winning and b.) it gives us even more room for error.

12 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Wow, really?

That's surprising considering how badly we played against the Dolphins just a few weeks ago.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-browns-tickets-streaming-time-how-to-watch/2017/12/29/16827932/steelers-injury-report-pittsburgh-has-the-look-of-a-team-about-to-rest-starters-leveon-bell-browns

They're also playing Cleveland so it wouldn't surprise me to see them still win.  Just got to take care of our own business.  

4 hours ago, bluemushrooms said:

Wonder if we'll give Gillislee snaps.  He well last game and it wouldn't hurt to decrease Lewis' snaps at least a little

He and Burkhead were ruled out today. Looks like another big workload for Lewis, even more so if White can’t go again. 

On 12/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, Pats#1 said:

Wow, really?

Bell’s gotten a lot of usage this year. Guessing they want him as fresh as possible more than HFA in the AFCCG. Ben’s in a similar boat, guy hasn’t always been the healthiest.

They’re also playing a really, really bad team with two rookie backups that probably aren’t all that terrible. So there’s that.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bell’s gotten a lot of usage this year. Guessing they want him as fresh as possible more than HFA in the AFCCG. Ben’s in a similar boat, guy hasn’t always been the healthiest.

They’re also playing a really, really bad team with two rookie backups that probably aren’t all that terrible. So there’s that.

They've flogged Bell this year. 

Patriots declared RB James White, RB Rex Burkhead, RB Mike Gllislee, WR Chris Hogan, DL Alan Branch, LB David Harris and OL Cole Croston inactive for Sunday's Week 17 game versus the Jets.

Jets declared TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (foot), DL Muhammad Wilkerson, CB Rashard Robinson, LB Freddie Bishop, OL Brandon Shell, WR Lucky Whitehead and DL Deon Simon inactive for Sunday's Week 17 game versus the Patriots.

Archived