2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

49 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I love Nelson as a prospect, and yes we need linemen, but we really need tackles and a center.  Nelson is neither.  I'm not against the pick, but I don't know how it solves our real issues at LT, RT. C and LB.

Personally, I'd go with Roquan Smith, then grab orlando Brown or Billy Price in round 2, and try like crazy to trade up for the other one.  Then grab another tackle in the third.

A lot of people have them as needing a OG, Nelson is better then any of the other OL in this draft and you can address OT in 2nd round where Brown should be available. 

3 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Redskins do not want to pay Cousins. and if they franchise him hes over 30 Million next year so he's gone. Washington has to trade up for a QB as they're wont be options in FA that can replace Cousins and your not going to pay 12-15 Million for anyone out there thats basically a backup. So you have to trade up to get a chance at one of the top 4 QBS. 

That isn't true.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That isn't true.  

It is true, Its been like that the last 2 Years. Almost everyone has already said its a 90% chance he's not in washington next year. Only way he's there is if they franchise tag him again for 35 Million or Transition Tag for 28 Million (Which only gives them a Match offer, No Picks) 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Jefferson is a 3 down LB, would give good depth or even take over for PUZ, He's old and is slowing up drastically.

jefferson would be a 2 down guy on our roster.  Telvin smith is a top 4 wlb and Jack is athletic as hell and was 2nd rounder. I just don't see value taking a 2 down player(while jefferson has some 3 down abilities) in round 1. 

I can see us picking a lber later on day 2 but we need a playmaking te, some improvement at lg, rg, rt(futute as parnell is turning 32).   Could even say a nb would help if colvin walks. 

Its almost a lock that we wont take a lber round 1.

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

It is true, Its been like that the last 2 Years. Almost everyone has already said its a 90% chance he's not in washington next year. Only way he's there is if they franchise tag him again for 35 Million or Transition Tag for 28 Million (Which only gives them a Match offer, No Picks) 

They've paid him $45 mil over the past two seasons.  They have no problem paying Cousins.  They couldn't come to terms on a long term deal because the team wanted him to prove his success wasn't a fluke.  He has, and the team will be making a competitive long term offer in the offseason.  Cousins has already said he wants to remain a Redskin for his entire career.  If for some reason the Redskins can't come to terms on a long term deal before the deadline they will Transition Tag him and match any offer. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

jefferson would be a 2 down guy on our roster.  Telvin smith is a top 4 wlb and Jack is athletic as hell and was 2nd rounder. I just don't see value taking a 2 down player(while jefferson has some 3 down abilities) in round 1. 

I can see us picking a lber later on day 2 but we need a playmaking te, some improvement at lg, rg, rt(futute as parnell is turning 32).   Could even say a nb would help if colvin walks. 

Its almost a lock that we wont take a lber round 1.

No good Guards in round 1 left after Nelson, Tackles are not 1st round worthy IMO on the ones that are left. IMO BPA 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They've paid him $45 mil over the past two seasons.  They have no problem paying Cousins.  They couldn't come to terms on a long term deal because the team wanted him to prove his success wasn't a fluke.  He has, and the team will be making a competitive long term offer in the offseason.  Cousins has already said he wants to remain a Redskin for his entire career.  If for some reason the Redskins can't come to terms on a long term deal before the deadline they will Transition Tag him and match any offer. 

We shall see, I don't see him being back in WAS next year. 

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We're seeing being the scenes reporting  that Washington burned that bridge with Cousins when they jerked him around last offseason, though. We'll see if the stories are true. I do think it would be HIGHLY unlikely that the 'Skins would simply let him walk, however. They'd tag and trade him. Probably wouldn't get full value for him, but they'd get something.

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We're seeing being the scenes reporting  that Washington burned that bridge with Cousins when they jerked him around last offseason, though. We'll see if the stories are true. I do think it would be HIGHLY unlikely that the 'Skins would simply let him walk, however. They'd tag and trade him. Probably wouldn't get full value for him, but they'd get something.

They can't tag and trade him.  There's a weird rule that you can't trade a player on their 3rd consecutive franchise tag, and you can't trade a player on transition tag.  

IF Cousins really wants out of Washington that badly, his best option is to sign the Transition Tag and not look for any offers from any other teams.  That way Washington can't match any of the long term deals, and after one more season Cousins could leave as a UFA.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

They can't tag and trade him.  There's a weird rule that you can't trade a player on their 3rd consecutive franchise tag, and you can't trade a player on transition tag.  

That's part of the new(ish) CBA, isn't it? Forgot about that. Thanks. :)

I certainly hope Cousins stays in DC, for what it's worth. They'd be foolish to let him go. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

That's part of the new(ish) CBA, isn't it? Forgot about that. Thanks. :)

I certainly hope Cousins stays in DC, for what it's worth. They'd be foolish to let him go. 

Ya its a really screwy rule.  They won't let him go, both sides benefit from a long term extension.

I reject the premise that the Dolphins secondary is "horrendous". The Dolphins give up some of the fewest yards to WR's in the NFL. They get burned by RB's and TE's. Maybe more Fin fans can chime in. I suspect our LB's in coverage is a major issue. Pressuring the QB is a big one, too.

Howard and Tankersly are up n' coming, McCain is sufficient as a dime guy, and Lippett will be back next season and challenge for a starting spot. Reshad Jones is a PB'er and TJ McDonald is good.

Archived