2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

I hate the Vikings' pick.  They should be picking at #32!   :D

Seriously, though, would he play next to Linval Joseph or replace him?  I always think of Linval as kind of a Pat Williams type of run stuffer.  It would be nice if we could find more of a Kevin Williams type to play next to Linval.

Not a fan for the 49ers. One, I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for us to pick 14th this year unless we are making a trade. Secondly, we have so many bigger issues than running back, and taking one that high wouldn't seem to be Shanny's style. Plus, I would imagine that we would give Joe Williams first crack at replacing Hyde (whom we may very well re-sign) since we just burnt a 4th round pick on him. 

Smith would make sense as we need a SAM to replace Eli Harold. McGlinchey would make sense if we want to move him in to guard. Cornerback is a giant black hole on this team, so Ward would definitely be in play, and we could use a true LEO on the edge to improve our pass rush game, so if they feel that Landry is a first round talent (I'm not sure I do), he would also make sense before Guice to be perfectly honest. 

Im cool with Christian Wilkins to the Falcons as that dude has some impressive upside.  He could be a difference maker for us along with Grady Jarrett.   Beasley, Grady, and Christian will make a great group of Tigers on that D-line.  Throw in a beast named Takk and we are young, hungry, and aggressive for a long time in that front 4.  

12 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

3rd - IND - Bradley Chubb - DE/OLB - NCST

*IND needs help everywhere, Chubb BPA

Barkley is the BPA no question.  I know everyone has their heart set on giving us Chubb but I think Ballard is smart enough to go with Barkley or trade down if he's not there.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Not a fan for the 49ers. One, I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for us to pick 14th this year unless we are making a trade. Secondly, we have so many bigger issues than running back, and taking one that high wouldn't seem to be Shanny's style. Plus, I would imagine that we would give Joe Williams first crack at replacing Hyde (whom we may very well re-sign) since we just burnt a 4th round pick on him. 

Smith would make sense as we need a SAM to replace Eli Harold. McGlinchey would make sense if we want to move him in to guard. Cornerback is a giant black hole on this team, so Ward would definitely be in play, and we could use a true LEO on the edge to improve our pass rush game, so if they feel that Landry is a first round talent (I'm not sure I do), he would also make sense before Guice to be perfectly honest. 

WAS currently picks #8 if u seen i had them trade down. 

No one drafts McGlinchey to move him to G, He's going to be a great nfl LT.

Guice would give garrapolo a consistent RB who can block and do damage on the ground, I know everyone is saying oh RB's aren't a thing anymore but look at NO, LAR, PHI, NE, PIT if you get consistent and good production from your RB's it helps out tremendously. it is a copycat league as well. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hate the Vikings' pick.  They should be picking at #32!   :D

Seriously, though, would he play next to Linval Joseph or replace him?  I always think of Linval as kind of a Pat Williams type of run stuffer.  It would be nice if we could find more of a Kevin Williams type to play next to Linval.

No team has ever made it to the SB when they were held in there own stadium. Also that offense looks to be slowing down. Defense can only carry so far. I should know look at my eagles lol

7 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Barkley is the BPA no question.  I know everyone has their heart set on giving us Chubb but I think Ballard is smart enough to go with Barkley or trade down if he's not there.

I believe that would be dictated by if Gore retires or not. Barkley would be a massive pick for IND however with no O-Line and so many holes on Defense, IND can afford to wait till 2nd to pick a RB. 

13 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I reject the premise that the Dolphins secondary is "horrendous". The Dolphins give up some of the fewest yards to WR's in the NFL. They get burned by RB's and TE's. Maybe more Fin fans can chime in. I suspect our LB's in coverage is a major issue. Pressuring the QB is a big one, too.

Howard and Tankersly are up n' coming, McCain is sufficient as a dime guy, and Lippett will be back next season and challenge for a starting spot. Reshad Jones is a PB'er and TJ McDonald is good.

Tankersly IMO is not a #2 or #1 CB he will never be, He was barely above average in college. 

19 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I love Nelson as a prospect, and yes we need linemen, but we really need tackles and a center.  Nelson is neither.  I'm not against the pick, but I don't know how it solves our real issues at LT, RT. C and LB.

Personally, I'd go with Roquan Smith, then grab orlando Brown or Billy Price in round 2, and try like crazy to trade up for the other one.  Then grab another tackle in the third.

IMO we need a RG too.  But the fact is the Bengals wouldn't use a top 10 pick on a guard.  They just don't value the position enough.

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Tankersly IMO is not a #2 or #1 CB he will never be, He was barely above average in college. 

Lippett might be taking over the for him next year and kick him down to NB. I don't think they drafted Tankersly with the thought of him being the #1 or #2, at least not for a couple of years.

3 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I believe that would be dictated by if Gore retires or not. Barkley would be a massive pick for IND however with no O-Line and so many holes on Defense, IND can afford to wait till 2nd to pick a RB. 

Gore is a FA anyway, can't see him returning.

I'd love to go OL but there's no one worth it that high.  As much as I love Nelson, I just can't get behind taking a guard at 3.  With a trade down I'd be all over him though.

Chubb is beast, but unless our new coach switches us to a 4-3, I'd rather just stick with our already solid players (Simon and Sheard) for another year.

Archived