Gameday Thread Week 17 - The Battle for .500

MKnight82

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I expect the Giants to intentionally try to tank this game.  The Redskins seem to want to finish the season strong to save some jobs.  

They’re already w/o Landon Collins and will likely give Davis Webb some run, possibly in the entire 2nd half.

The game shouldn’t even be close given how poor the Giants offense has played because of all of their injuries.

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They’re already w/o Landon Collins and will likely give Davis Webb some run, possibly in the entire 2nd half.

The game shouldn’t even be close given how poor the Giants offense has played because of all of their injuries.

So we lose by 20? Lol

On 12/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, MKnight82 said:

I expect the Giants to intentionally try to tank this game.  The Redskins seem to want to finish the season strong to save some jobs.  

The Jints have been trying to tank since they benched Eli and then fired their coach. The chutzpah (of Mara leading the charge for our salary cap penalty because it caused a competitive imbalance and he's leading his team to a tanking for a better pick) is immense.

If I was the Giants I'd seriously consider Saquan Barkley. They'll probably take whichever of Rosen or Darnold that Cleveland doesn't take which is probably a good pick too. I just think if they got Eli a running game and some OL help they may be able to squeeze some more years out of him. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If I was the Giants I'd seriously consider Saquan Barkley. They'll probably take whichever of Rosen or Darnold that Cleveland doesn't take which is probably a good pick too. I just think if they got Eli a running game and some OL help they may be able to squeeze some more years out of him. 

I 100% agree. OBJ & Sheppard will be back next to go with Ingram and their young Wrs who showed well since these two went down. Their D has a lot of talent, just couldn’t hold up because the O was so bad.

I also think after round 1 they should start drafting the best OL available - one in round 2 and then a few more throughout the draft.

Part of the reason Reese is gone is because of how they didn’t address the OL well the last three seasons.

8 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

We'll never be consistently successful if we continue to accept mediocrity, regardless of circumstances.

We are .500 because of injuries. Presumably if we didn’t have. So many injuries we’d be over .500 and pushing for a playoff spot with a 10-6 Record.

Not surprising...

The Redskins plan to let contract-year CB Bashaud Breeland hit the open market.

Asked if the Redskins have engaged him in contract talks this year, Breeland replied, "No." Washington is already paying Josh Norman elite corner money and have Kendall Fuller and third-round rookie Fabian Moreau behind them. With salaries rising each year, Breeland could command $10 million-plus per year. He's currently Pro Football Focus' No. 64 cover corner out of 121 qualifiers. He has good length at 5'11/195 with eight career interceptions.

Archived