Gameday Thread Week 17 - The Battle for .500

MKnight82

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Weren’t we 17th last year? That seemed to work out great! Hopefully one of the defenders we want drops that far.

So your plan is to get lucky every year that a top 3 player drops to 17th? That's the equivalent of not saving for retirement because you know you'll hit the lotto.

But yes, I hope someone drops.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Again, I expect more out of pro bowl players. I’m sorry it’s tired for you, but I don’t make you argue with me, you decide to do that. I’ve always felt the best players and the ones who get compensated themost need to make game changing plays. There’s been at least 5 or 6 times the last two years when Norman had an opportunity to make an int. A few of those may have changed momentum in the game and maybe we win a few more last year and this year. It’s not something I take lightly, especially when we are talking about a Pro bowl talent.

Guys like McClain and McGee are just JAGs - I’ve never desputed that - I don’t expect them to make game changing plays, but the $20 million corner I do. That seems like a totally reasonable expectation to me.

This is what is irritating about having to read your posts.  You continually crap on the few very talented players we do have but defend to death the awful players that need to be replaced.  What is worse, possibly overpaying a high end cover corner by a few Mil or overpaying two low quality rotational Dlineman by several Mil a piece?

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Hue jackson staying with the Browns .But if he got fired I wonder if Jay Gruden brings him in as the offensive play caller .

i think both of them working together on offense would be amazing .

Did they work together in Cincy?  I thought Jackson came in after Gruden.

Archived