Week 17 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

Coming off clearly our best performance of the year, I was hoping the Rams would play their starters. But looks like McVay doesn't really care about the 3rd seed and will instead sit some of his top guns. That sucks as I was looking forward to seeing Garoppolo against another top defense. Oh well.....

Last game of the season, just hoping no one gets seriously hurt and the rookies end the season on a high note. Thomas got a sack last week and it would be great to see him get another one on Sunday. 

Can Foster finish the game without getting dinged up? I think that has only happened once all season lol.

Garoppolo has been really good, but still hasn't completed a nice deep ball. Hopefully that changes on Sunday. He had a chance last week but missed a wide open Bourne on a crossing route. Those are the ones the elite QBs have to hit.

SF 27 LAR 17

Im surprised that McVay would rest players. The #3 seed could be the difference between playing Carolina/NO and playing Seattle/ATL.

#4 seed might actually be better assuming the 3rd seed wins in the wildcard weekend because that would mean going to philly rather than minnesota. 

Who is he talking about resting? 

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

Im surprised that McVay would rest players. The #3 seed could be the difference between playing Carolina/NO and playing Seattle/ATL.

#4 seed might actually be better assuming the 3rd seed wins in the wildcard weekend because that would mean going to philly rather than minnesota. 

He's sitting Donald, Gurley and Goff that I know of. I would assume others as well

22 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm actually happy the Rams are potentially resting their starters. At least on defense. Don't need Jimmy getting abused from Aaron Donald and company behind our terrible offensive line. He can still gain valuable experience for Shanahan's offense with the reps. 

People said the same thing about Jacksonville. They had what, one sack? 

Just now, Forge said:

People said the same thing about Jacksonville. They had what, one sack? 

Jimmy still took some unncessary hits though thanks to fan favorite Zane Beadles. Tomlinson wasn't much better. Just for me, I don't think it's worth Jimmy getting hurt. It's the final game of the season, and I feel like we have enough of a sample size to see what he can do. One more game against the Rams starters probably won't change my opinion on him. 

Jimmy G has averaged 312.5 yards in his four starts with an 8.7 YPA. Projected over 16 games that's 5,000 yards. O.o

Our franchise record for passing yards is Jeff Garcia's 4,278 yards in 2000 with a 7.6 YPA. 

Will be interesting next year. I'm guessing Jimmy at least breaks the mark. 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

I think I'd rather give my boys limited action/rest. You have a home game anyways against whoever is coming in. McVay probably doesn't care who he'll be facing. 

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy G has averaged 312.5 yards in his four starts with an 8.7 YPA. Projected over 16 games that's 5,000 yards. O.o

Our franchise record for passing yards is Jeff Garcia's 4,278 yards in 2000 with a 7.6 YPA. 

Will be interesting next year. I'm guessing Jimmy at least breaks the mark. 

If not next year, I imagine it is an inevitability. Shanahan's offense lends itself to gaudy stats. Truly, I imagine if you put Shanahan in charge of the offense in 2011, either/both Alex and Kaep would have broken that mark. I'm thinking only injury keeps Garoppolo from it.

53 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If not next year, I imagine it is an inevitability. Shanahan's offense lends itself to gaudy stats. Truly, I imagine if you put Shanahan in charge of the offense in 2011, either/both Alex and Kaep would have broken that mark. I'm thinking only injury keeps Garoppolo from it.

off the topic but I saw a stat that Alex Smith is the first player in NFL history to have 5 straight seasons with over 3,000 yards passing and less than 10 ints. Pretty insane turnaround to his career. 

I wonder, would we win this game with BeatHard, at this point? Maybe not the BeatHard that last played, but the offense has grown a lot since then, the confidence has grown a lot, and I'm sure CJ has continued to learn, especially from a guy like Jimmy. I'm not saying start CJ. But maybe put him in in the fourth quarter, if the game isn't on the line. As recognition for his good work this year.

Archived