Week 17 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams

J-ALL-DAY

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good luck. I think it'll be interesting to see some of the Rams' young players get an extended look. Try not to injure Mannion.

With exactly which pass rush will we hurt Mannion? If we sack him twice it will be a win for us lol. 

On 12/27/2017 at 3:56 PM, PapaShogun said:

Jimmy still took some unncessary hits though thanks to fan favorite Zane Beadles. Tomlinson wasn't much better. Just for me, I don't think it's worth Jimmy getting hurt. It's the final game of the season, and I feel like we have enough of a sample size to see what he can do. One more game against the Rams starters probably won't change my opinion on him. 

What's that even mean though? Do you never want to see Garoppolo hit in a game? Because obviously that won't happen. Overall, he didn't get hit that many times against the Jags due to his quick release and play calling. But yes, almost every hit was allowed from Beadles. Dude is simply not a NFL caliber player at this point. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What's that even mean though? Do you never want to see Garoppolo hit in a game? Because obviously that won't happen. Overall, he didn't get hit that many times against the Jags due to his quick release and play calling. But yes, almost every hit was allowed from Beadles. Dude is simply not a NFL caliber player at this point. 

It means I don't want him taking punishment behind an awful offensive line when he just got to the team. Fortunately for him he has that quick release, or he would be on his way to David Carr syndrome like Beathard was. 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good luck. I think it'll be interesting to see some of the Rams' young players get an extended look. Try not to injure Mannion.

The only thing that we could injure would be Mannion's ego. We can't get close enough to injure him physically

On 12/29/2017 at 6:15 AM, PapaShogun said:

It means I don't want him taking punishment behind an awful offensive line when he just got to the team. Fortunately for him he has that quick release, or he would be on his way to David Carr syndrome like Beathard was. 

He's getting rid of the ball before taking a sack, but not before taking hits. That's why I've got adding a G and a C high on my off-season want list.

I'm rewatching our week 3 game against the Rams, and honestly, our worst OL is Kilgore, by far. There's one play so far where Tomlinson looked completely lost and allowed the penetration to kill a run play, but Kilgore doesn't necessarily get beat on every play, but he gets pushed backward ever single time. Run or pass, he's always going backward. He's so consistently getting abused, it's ridiculous. He IS our most consistent OL. Just consistently bad. Oh wow! One play where he doesn't get pushed backward! And that's because he was unblocked. And he just stood there doing nothing.

Forgot how amazing Mostert was. Besides a fumble as a RB, he recovered a muffed punt, was in the returners' face all game long, and recovered the onside kick at the end. Why haven't we offered him a contract yet? He has to be back next year, when he's healthy.

7 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Forgot how amazing Mostert was. Besides a fumble as a RB, he recovered a muffed punt, was in the returners' face all game long, and recovered the onside kick at the end. Why haven't we offered him a contract yet? He has to be back next year, when he's healthy.

Probably because he's an ERFA. He'll probably be tendered when the time comes.

Was just about to say, "Don't look now, but the Browns are only 4 points down and have the ball with 6 minutes left in the game," but I switched to the game just in time to see the Steelers get an interception.  Oh, Browns....

7 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'm rewatching our week 3 game against the Rams, and honestly, our worst OL is Kilgore, by far. There's one play so far where Tomlinson looked completely lost and allowed the penetration to kill a run play, but Kilgore doesn't necessarily get beat on every play, but he gets pushed backward ever single time. Run or pass, he's always going backward. He's so consistently getting abused, it's ridiculous. He IS our most consistent OL. Just consistently bad. Oh wow! One play where he doesn't get pushed backward! And that's because he was unblocked. And he just stood there doing nothing.

Tomlinson is pretty bad too. The thing that annoys me about Kilgore is that he started "playing better" (I think that was largely due to the inferior opponents). I'm really hoping the coaching staff isn't fooled into thinking that his struggles earlier were just due to the scheme switch and the line taking time to gel. It wasn't. He's just bad. Solid back up center, but he shouldn't be starting. 

Archived