Ballers

Ty21

27 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

From the previews that I've seen, it almost seems like this show is Entourage, but within the sports world instead. Is this accurate?

it's trying to be entourage and failing, tbh 

Just now, skywlker32 said:

Thanks. I was considering checking it out because I was seeing the commercials for it before Game of Thrones, but I won't bother now.

as far as light entertainment and hot girls and athletes it's, like, watchable. but just not really a good show, IMO. I watched the season opener and a few episodes in season 1 though so other people may have a better opinion if they have stuck w it 

It's the strangest thing because it's not a bad show, but it's certainly not on par with the quality of other HBO shows and as such can't be classified as a "good" show per se. However, the Rock keeps the show entertaining enough where you can sit through 30 minutes of it after Game of Thrones. And as @champ11 said, it feels like a sports centric knockoff of Entourage, but that's just primarily due to the way it's filmed and all the eye candy and celebrities that appear on screen. If you have HBO and/or have nothing to do after Game of Thrones, it's probably worth the 30 minute watch, but I wouldn't have any expectations of it being a groundbreaking series.

• 2 weeks later...

It's entertaining, but as people have noted, it isn't that great. I watch it because it's kind of funny and I guess because I've liked the Rock since I was a kid as well as for all of the superstar cameos. 

Archived