Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. Especially with bringing the Mother of Dragons on board. She's.... not that talented imo. 

I dont know if we know how talented (or not) she is. Unfortunately she is going to be caught in the Radcliffe/Potter syndrome, but she has also has been miscast since, especially in Terminator

Agreed. Especially with bringing the Mother of Dragons on board. She's.... not that talented imo. 

She is quite cardboard and lacks on screen charisma. Her look was perfect for GOT, but her talent is just vanilla as hell.

I am excited to see how bad this movie is. I hope its either surprisingly good or laughably terrible, its the movies in the middle that are truly a bore.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Honestly not sure if i'll see this in theaters.  Didn't think I'd ever say that about a star wars extended universe movie.  They'll need a helluva trailer.

I'll see it out of principle because it's Star Wars. The only franchise I'd say that about, alongside the Alien franchise.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'll see it out of principle because it's Star Wars. The only franchise I'd say that about, alongside the Alien franchise.

I've long felt the same way, but outside of the Woody Harrelson casting, just about everything else about this movie has seemed so underwhelming

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, it’s a teaser for the actual trailer.  

Looks promising and despite all the early hating, it is written by Lawrence Kasdan who co-wrote the originals and Ep 7.  

Also, Ehrenreich was good in Hail, Caesar and Rules Don’t Apply so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Teaser looks solid.

Was never a fan of a Halo Solo....umm..."solo" film, mainly because of all the little nuances and quirks that Harrison Ford brought to the role that I didnt think could be recreated.      So it will be interesting to see how this guy pulls it off, if at all.

I have to admit that trailer got me hyped.  A major caveat is that Han Solo is barely in the trailer.  Barely any actual characterization really, but the design and tone looked great.  My boys are in hook line and sinker, so It's about 100% I end up seeing this in the theater.

Archived