Solo: A Star Wars Story

RamRod

8 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont understand why people are obsessed with this? Because he can resemble a young Ford and does an impression of Han (an average one at best)? I know the Age of Adeline thing, but he just comes off as doing an impression, not believable acting.

In no way am I saying Ehrenreich was the answer, because there wasnt one if you were trying to recreate the magic of a young Harrison Ford. but nothing about this Ingruber guy says he can even act all that well, much less give us the Solo that everyone is clamoring for. This is a multi-million dollar branch of a multi-billion dollar franchise the are trying to kick off, not some community theater reenactment of the scenes we already have.

Even an average impression by Ingruber is better than what we got from Alton Ehrenreich.

I didn't want this movie at all. Boba Fett, Darth Maul or Obi Wan Kenobi movies were what I was hoping for. 

19 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're pretty much blind if you think that Han Solo impression wasn't great. 

Not saying the Age of Adaline kid was the best answer, but he's certainly better than what we got.  And you saying this is a multi-billion dollar franchise they're trying to kick off is funny because Alden can't act either.

So if it's a choice between two actors who can't act, I'm going with the one that does a better impression. 

He does some of the mannerisms very well, but  its not that great of an impression, because the thing with Han is that he is just dripping in charisma and swagger. His clip is just flat as a board as he makes some facial expressions. Sure it sounds sort of like Han, and looks sort of like Han, but you can tell he has just "mastered" those lines. He isnt acting like Han Solo, he is just mimicking Han Solo. That is not what they needed, its not a recreation of the scenes we already have, they need an entirely new performance.

I already said Alden isnt who they should have gone with, but this kid is no better. 

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Even an average impression by Ingruber is better than what we got from Alton Ehrenreich.

I didn't want this movie at all. Boba Fett, Darth Maul or Obi Wan Kenobi movies were what I was hoping for. 

A) W dont know what we got from him yet, people have just decided that its not Harrison Ford, so I already hate it

B) This movie was coming regardless. It was just a question of how Solo-centric it was going to be.

22 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I already said Alden isnt who they should have gone with, but this kid is no better. 

Just disagree here.  Like I said, good impression and bad acting is better than no impression and bad acting. 

They should have waited to get the kid from Kingsman.  Think we both would have been happy with him. 

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Childish is the one thing they got right IMO (pre watching the movie)

Think it will be pretty tough to mess up Chewbacca. 

I'm going into this movie with an open mind.  If I can make The Thing prequel work and not ruin The Thing (1982) for me, I should be able to make this movie work for me without it ruining Han. 

The 2nd most important person responsible for why we love Han Solo is Lawrence Kasdan. It was his dialogue that made Han shine in Empire.  He wrote this screenplay too.  That alone merits giving the movie a chance IMO.

And while I wouldn’t list Ron Howard as one of my favorite directors, he’s a pretty good pull by LucasFilm to salvage this film after the original director was fired.  

On 2/14/2018 at 6:40 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Think it will be pretty tough to mess up Chewbacca. 

I'm going into this movie with an open mind.  If I can make The Thing prequel work and not ruin The Thing (1982) for me, I should be able to make this movie work for me without it ruining Han. 

The thing prequel was a huge disappointment . The only point of the move that felt vintage was at the very end . Which is so funny because all they had to do was make the monster scenes horrific as heck .

when I saw the thing I always got scared of the two face monster . Instead they made it into a cgi joke . He should of been swallowing people etc or doing something nasty .

Archived