2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

33 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

He's still a developing player. I'd put him at RG and have the best value RG in the league for a few years. He's definitely an NFL caliber athlete, which is why Barclay is bad, and McCray isn't. McCray is 25 with two years NFL experience. He started 8 games last year after playing the previous season in the AFL, and was pretty good; very good if you take into account the CRAP positions we put him in. 

Agree.   McCray started at 3 different positions.  That is hard to get bounced around from RG to RT to LG.  Getting consistent reps at 1 position with the same players  next to him would be nice.

Is Morgan Burnett really that good anymore? i don't recall him making a single play that really stood out in 2017. I looked at his stats, and I see that he had a forced fumble, but I don't remember it. No sacks, no interceptions, no fumble recoveries, and I don't recall him making any impressive tackles or pass breakups. He used to be a player who stood out at times, but now he seems like just another guy. Maybe it's time to let him go and take a chance with Josh Jones or somebody else. I don't like saying this because I've always liked Burnett. But I think he's declined, and the Packers should not be content with average players. 

7 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

Is Morgan Burnett really that good anymore? i don't recall him making a single play that really stood out in 2017. I looked at his stats, and I see that he had a forced fumble, but I don't remember it. No sacks, no interceptions, no fumble recoveries, and I don't recall him making any impressive tackles or pass breakups. He used to be a player who stood out at times, but now he seems like just another guy. Maybe it's time to let him go and take a chance with Josh Jones or somebody else. I don't like saying this because I've always liked Burnett. But I think he's declined, and the Packers should not be content with average players. 

He missed 6 games last season, probably hindered his play/stats a lot. I think if hes not asking for much bring him back.

8 hours ago, Greg C. said:

The guy played extensively in the slot. We put him in a LOT of tough spots and the fact that you don't really remember much about him this year is really a positive for him. The guy played all over the field, he's a straight up football player and I think he's pretty dang valuable.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:02 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

McCray is a fine 7th/8th guy. That's not a starting NFL tackle and if he's your starting guard, you're probably looking to upgrade.

To me, he's no different than Lane Taylor after his first year starting.  He's good enough to get you through games, but he's not going to be an elite OG.  I'd rather save money there than spend it there.

The safety decisions that have to be made has flown under the radar. Probably the most important decisions other than getting the draft right. I still wonder if moving Burnett around hampered not only him, his health but HHCD as well. Never thought he was the guy to take snaps at LB. Don't know if he has lost a step, but I am kind of leaning toward bringing him back. There is far worse dead wood than him on this team. Whatever happens, this needs to be ironed out asap

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The safety decisions that have to be made has flown under the radar. Probably the most important decisions other than getting the draft right. I still wonder if moving Burnett around hampered not only him, his health but HHCD as well. Never thought he was the guy to take snaps at LB. Don't know if he has lost a step, but I am kind of leaning toward bringing him back. There is far worse dead wood than him on this team. Whatever happens, this needs to be ironed out asap

My opinion on Burnett has always been bring him back if the price is right.  He's going to lose a step during this next contract, and I don't want to be straddled with a bad contract.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

My opinion on Burnett has always been bring him back if the price is right.  He's going to lose a step during this next contract, and I don't want to be straddled with a bad contract.

That's what makes it so hard. With uncertainty surrounding HHCD I don't think you can cut Burnett loose and go with a rookie back there. So now you have to weigh out Burnett vs some other teams cast off. I really think these decisions are huge

On 2/4/2018 at 2:56 PM, cannondale said:

That's what makes it so hard. With uncertainty surrounding HHCD I don't think you can cut Burnett loose and go with a rookie back there. So now you have to weigh out Burnett vs some other teams cast off. I really think these decisions are huge

Might be a reason we drafted Josh Jones last year.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:56 PM, cannondale said:

It was a rough year for HHCD but I expect him to bounce back tremendously. 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:34 PM, HighCalebR said:
On 2/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, ChaRisMa said:

I think I’d rather have McCray at the league minimum over Evans for 3 Mil.

I probably wouldn't fight you on that either.

I would rather have Evans. Saving $2m isn't enough to make me want to start McCray

Archived