2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

21 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't think (no offense to other poster here) most people realize what NFL depth really is. We're not the only team with a Janis, or who has a Goodson activated for a couple weeks. Far from it. If anything, the issue was our starters weren't good...and our mid to high picks somewhat disappointed, QR, DR for a while, Fack, Josh Jones, King, etc.

It's unrealistic expectations to have if you think that your 5th or 6th WR/OLB/CB are going to come out here and play at a starter level over a long-term period.  If you can get them to play serviceably while they fill in, you count that as a success.  It's a matter of keeping realistic expectations.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's unrealistic expectations to have if you think that your 5th or 6th WR/OLB/CB are going to come out here and play at a starter level over a long-term period.  If you can get them to play serviceably while they fill in, you count that as a success.  It's a matter of keeping realistic expectations.

Hell, Gunter was what, DB5/6? And he did pretty good when he played here. But no credit is ever given there, it's always focus on when it didn't work and whatever else. I listed a bunch of late picks who filled in fine this year, all he has said is Goodson, who was barely on the team, and Janis, who is good ST player.

So this topic is basically Morgan Burnett, Davon House, Ahmad Brooks, Jahri Evans, Quinton Dial, Richard Rodgers, Jeff Janis, Patrick, McCray.

If Fangio really does come here, I say we try to bring back Dial and Brooks for familiarity with Fangio.  If Fangio doesn't come, those two should be thanked and forgotten.

If Capers was sticking around, I think House and Burnett would leave so fast for that auto-pro bowl season.  Now that it looks like Capers is gone, I think both might come back.  What else are we going to do before the legal tampering period?

I'd love to give Jahri Evans one more year.  I'd love to give Richard Rodgers three more years on a contract he's worth.  Not the best player, but you can do a lot worse than him as a TE backup.  Patrick and McCray I'm pretty sure are restricted or something so I'm not really worried about them. 

Hope:
Burnett, House, Brooks, Evans, Dial, Rodgers, Janis, Patrick, McCray all come back.

Expectation:
Burnett, Rodgers, Janis, Patrick and McCRAy. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If Fangio really does come here, I say we try to bring back Dial and Brooks for familiarity with Fangio.  If Fangio doesn't come, those two should be thanked and forgotten.

I could see them bringing back Dial back if the price is right, but Brooks' body is done.  There's no real reason to keep him around.

21 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm relaxed. I just don't agree with what you said. And don't cry about court of law crap. You're on a discussion board. If you don't want to discuss anything, then don't. Don't complain what someone wants more details of your opinion and pretend I'm some bad guy for doing it. What you said is bunk, you probably even realize it. It's why you're deflecting and pretending I'm asking you to draw up legal documents when I just wanted examples of these late guys we counted on this year that caught up with us or whatever.

There wasn't any really. So here we are.

2shay, can't agrue with you on your point here.  I didn't reply last night, watched the Badgers.  I will be man enough to say your right and I am wrong.  CWood21 post about teams with skill players 5-6 deep, made me realize I was wrong.  So, my apology to you.  

6 minutes ago, jleisher said:

2shay, can't agrue with you on your point here.  I didn't reply last night, watched the Badgers.  I will be man enough to say your right and I am wrong.  CWood21 post about teams with skill players 5-6 deep, made me realize I was wrong.  So, my apology to you.  

No need to apologize my man. We disagreed, it happens. 

Archived