2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

Other teams FAs I'm interested in. Obviously ONLY for the right price, which in some cases is the League Minimum. No order.

QB Teddy Bridgewater, QB Jay Cutler, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB Josh McCown: Better than Hundley as a reserve.

RB Leveon Bell, RB Eddie Lacy, RB Carlos Hyde, 

WR Sammy Watkins, WR Marqise Lee, WR Jordan Mathews, WR Allen Robinson, WR Jarvis Landry, WR Donte Moncrief, 

TE Jimmy Graham, TE Tyler Eifert, 

OL Justin Pugh, OL Weston Richburg, 

DE Ziggy Ansah, DL Star Lotulelei, DE Demarcus Lawrence, DL Shamar Stephen, DL Beau Allen, 

LB Connor Barwin, LB Navarro Bowman, 

DB Nickell Roby-Coleman, DB Kyle Fuller, CB Malcolm Butler, CB Trumaine Johnson

20 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Even though Morgan hasn't made impact plays... I'd rather keep him and see how he'd do with a new DC. 

Jones is more of a LB. Brice has speed but I'm not sure how he'd do as a full time starter. 

With so many holes on the team, I'd hate to have another one. 

Jahri Evans is going to contemplate retirement over the next few months ... feels he played okay, but felt that he clearly had lost a step.  This is a high charater guy .. would like to see him back for another go around.  

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/31/packers-notes-veteran-guard-jahri-evans-mulling-retirement/993060001/

Absolute pipedream off-season (how I would approach the offseason). 

Cut Jordy Nelson. 

Replace Capers with Fangio. 

Re-sign Davon House to modest 2 year deal. 

Re-sign Richard Rodgers to bargain bin 2 year deal. 

Re-sign Jeff Janis to be our Kassim Osgood on a ST 3 year deal. 

Trade 4th RD DP to LAC for Tyrell Williams- (Perfect complement to Adams and Cobb). One of the fastest WRs in the NFL that can stretch the field for Rodgers. LA won't be able to pay him... so why not get some draft compensation for him? You don't have to pay him until Cobb is gone/ on a new deal. 

Sign Carlos Hyde- (I promise that I'll stand on an island by myself proclaiming that he's one of the most underrated talents in the NFL until the day he retires). Super elusive, with elite balance, burst and top end speed at 225. Also capable of catching the ball 60+ times in a season. 

Sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins- Has improved considerably as a blocker. Ignore the low YPC, he possesses both the speed and agility to dominate the middle of the field. Won't break the bank due to history off the field. 

Sign Jeremiah Attaochu- Love talented players that end up buried behind absolute studs. Add him to the OLBs group. Shouldn't cost much. 

Sign Kyle Fuller- (or TJ Carrie) Fuller is a young, talented CB that wants to follow Fangio to Green Bay. 

Trade 6th RD DP to NO for Delvin Breaux- That bridge has been burned in New Orleans. Cheap to acquire, and if he's a healthy... there's a good chance you end up with a fringe top 10 CB. 

Just now, Cadmus said:

Ask me 1 year from now to stop it. If Hyde ends up on a real offense for a full year... well.... you know how I feel. Haha.  

I like Hyde. I just don't see how he fits us. Plus I don't see how he fits in our stable or backs when we run it less than 20 times a game

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I like Hyde. I just don't see how he fits us. Plus I don't see how he fits in our stable or backs when we run it less than 20 times a game

We'd have to use him like the Steelers use Bell, which I concede... probably wouldn't happen. 

Hence why I referred to it as mypipedream scenario. 

I've told you before that I don't see it happening. However, I think whoever signs him in FA ends up with a steal. 

Plus... I don't like Jamaal Williams... and I don' trust either Jones or Monty to be a feature back... would prefer to have the bellcow vs a stable of RBs

Archived