2018 GB Packer free agents

squire12

23 hours ago, Green19 said:

Pass catchers I’m interested in...

TE

Trey Burton,  Tyler Eifert, Troy Niklas, Crockett Gilmore

WR

Marqise Lee, Taylor Gabriel, Jordan Matthews, Charles Johnson (bring him back haha), Paul Richardson, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, John Brown, DeAnthony Thomas

TE is priority #1 IMHO....depending on the cost...I would be fine with any of the WR's as well. I think Lee will be pricey. Like Moncrief and Brown.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, CWood21 said:

I'd still gamble that rolling through the 2018 season relying on Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams outweighs any potential value that signing Eddie Lacy would.  I just can't fathom a scenario that adding Eddie Lacy makes sense.  He's not going to want to return to Green Bay unless he's a top 2 RB and given the play of Jones and Williams, I'd be hard pressed to guarantee that to him.

If we think we need another RB...this draft is loaded. Take one in the 3-5 range.

5 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

Burton from Philly is the FA I want GB to add. Nice TE that could bridge over to a Draft Choice and then become complementary

I'm not sure on him .. he'd upgrade our situation a bit, but I'm not sure he can get down the field and stress a defense. His career ypc doesn't hint that he can.  Perhaps he has that ability .. I don't know .. numbers don't show it.  The Pack really missed what Jared cook brought in that regard. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not sure on him .. he'd upgrade our situation a bit, but I'm not sure he can get down the field and stress a defense. His career ypc doesn't hint that he can.  Perhaps he has that ability .. I don't know .. numbers don't show it.  The Pack really missed what Jared cook brought in that regard. 

Let's be honest, if Burton can run the 1 yard TE out pattern and gain more than 4 total yards on the play, it is a massive upgrade

12 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Cant say I've watched a ton on PHILLY football or analyzed it - and sure dont know much about Burton - but I dont think their passing game stresses the TE to bust seams or go deep. They seem to run alot of outs and crosses. They've got Alshon and Agalor for the deep stuff.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

Cant say I've watched a ton on PHILLY football or analyzed it - and sure dont know much about Burton - but I dont think their passing game stresses the TE to bust seams or go deep. They seem to run alot of outs and crosses. They've got Alshon and Agalor for the deep stuff.

You could be on to something .. Ertz only averaged a bit more per catch.  Ertz was 11.1 per grab .. Burton was 10.8 in 2017.  In 16' Ertz was at 10.5 and Burton was at 8.8, but they had a rookie QB.  I'd say that's a marginal difference overall.  I really think we need a field stretching TE, so I'm not sure who best fits that mold.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You could be on to something .. Ertz only averaged a bit more per catch.  Ertz was 11.1 per grab .. Burton was 10.8 in 2017.  In 16' Ertz was at 10.5 and Burton was at 8.8, but they had a rookie QB.  I'd say that's a marginal difference overall.  

Ghost. My man. I'm always on to something. It might be complete B.S. - but its something!

Any thoughts on Aaron Colvin as a DB FA pickup? More I look into him more I think he'd be a good add to our secondary instead of a top flight guy like Johnson.

It'd leave us with more CAP $$ to go after additional pieces like J Graham, T Burton, T Murphy, N Bowman or even Jarvis Landry if we end up cutting Cobb or Jordy (even thought not likely)

My thought is he could be signed for somewhere between $4-6mil/yr. An upgrade in youth over House & better in coverage on the field as he was targeted a lot having Ramesy & Bouye on the field with him.

5 minutes ago, GWH87 said:

Any thoughts on Aaron Colvin as a DB FA pickup? More I look into him more I think he'd be a good add to our secondary instead of a top flight guy like Johnson.

It'd leave us with more CAP $$ to go after additional pieces like J Graham, T Burton, T Murphy, N Bowman or even Jarvis Landry if we end up cutting Cobb or Jordy (even thought not likely)

My thought is he could be signed for somewhere between $4-6mil/yr. An upgrade in youth over House & better in coverage on the field as he was targeted a lot having Ramesy & Bouye on the field with him.

Had Colvin in the mock I did that traded Rodgers to CLE....pretty sure most did not get past that part and missed the FA acquisitions and draft picks.

Agree that he could be a nice addition and at better cost than some others.

Arthur Moats played under Pettine in Buffalo. He is a FA... something to watch.

Also what is everyone’s thoughts on Eric Reid as a replacement at SS for Burnett? Be a big splash.

I like Reid and Trent Murphy as potential FAs for Green Bay.

14 hours ago, Pilprin said:

If we think we need another RB...this draft is loaded. Take one in the 3-5 range.

Take a RB in rounds 3-5. I can't think of a bigger wasted draft pick this year. This team needs to retool and get deeper on the OL and they need starters and rotational players on defefense. Williams, Jones and Montgomery is the best group of RB 's going into the season than the Packers have had in a very long time. WR in rounds 3-5 for a possibility but I jsut don't se both Jorday and Randall gone next year. A Taylor Gabriel type may be a nice fit and, of course, Ty Montgomery can play multiple positions.  

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Arthur Moats played under Pettine in Buffalo. He is a FA... something to watch.

Also what is everyone’s thoughts on Eric Reid as a replacement at SS for Burnett? Be a big splash.

I like Reid and Trent Murphy as potential FAs for Green Bay.

If we're in the mood to spend $$ on safety, why not just bring back Burnett?

Archived