Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

All things free agents.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tampa-bay-buccaneers/cap/2018/

Looks like as of today we will have around $70,000,000 to spend. Day number one I do what should have been done last offseason and punt the Muscle Rat out the door as hard as I can and open up another $7,000,000. Baker is done and there is another $5,000,000. There should be $85,000,000 +/- in the end.

Brent Grimes

Trumaine johnson

Ezekiel Ansah

Carlos Hyde

Mark Ingram

Dontari Poe

For the oline I'd like to look at OT Nate Solder, C Weston Richburg, G Justin Pugh, G John Greco, OT Greg Robinson, G Allen Barbre, G Alex Boone. We've got options with the versatility of Marpet. And everywhere else could be upgraded.

For RBs, I'd like to look at Isaiah Crowell, Carlos Hyde, Jeremy Hill, and Terrance West. I wanna draft one no later than the third. Barber is solid, but I don't have faith that he can be the premiere back for 16 games.

DEs, I wanna look at Ezekiel Ansah, Aaron Lynch, and Aldon Smith. The FA class is slim. Lawrence could be the headliner. But I'm convinced he makes at least $20M on the open market.

Morgan Burnett is a safety we need to bring in. He'd be perfect. Kenny Vaccaro would be another decent signing. Everyone but Evans can go. 

DTs are lacking as far as free agency goes. But Star Lotulelei, Sharrif Floyd, and Sheldon Richardson (assuming Seattle can't afford him) would all be solid options. McCoy can't continue to do it all. McDonald should be brought back, and we still have Stevie T. But Baker should be gone.

Trumaine Johnson, Vontae Davis, and Malcolm Butler should all be the top priority if we're looking for a number one at CB. If not, Rashaan Melvin (please come back), Prince Amukamara, Johnathan Joseph, Bashaud Breeland, and Delvin Breaux would all be solid number twos.

Watched a ton of Hill his rookie year (fantasy) and was a big fan. Reminded me of a poor mans Foster. Bigger guy who runs smooth, can catch the ball. Little bit of a big head/attitude problem if I'm not mistaken. Haven't watched much of him since that rookie season. That whole team is a mess so hard to judge unless you watch them closely. If the staff thinks he still has it in him he would be my number one FA running back. The draft is loaded at RB. I would love to have a big def offseason (draft/fa).

What happened to Lynch? Back to back 6 sack seasons then nothing. Big kid whos still young. Davis, Lawrence tons of solid names on that side of the ball. I read last week Richardson is heading back to NY. 

Deuces, haven’t seen you around as much but I can’t say I’m surprised to see you fire up the free agency thread. :D

Completely agree we need to get a pass rusher in free agency. Ziggy would be a great start and probably cheaper than Lawrence. Not really a founded comment, but I see Lawrence as boom or bust and Ziggy as a consistent 8-12 sack guy.

If Grimes is coming back to football and will resign with us, we need to get that done. Tru Johnson and an OL add would also be very welcomed.

With how deep the draft is, get a RB there and have Peyton Barber be the RB2 next season.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's possible. But Dallas only has ~$23M in cap space for next year, before the cap increase. And Dez said he's not taking a pay cut.

Then I thinks dez is gone. You don’t pay under performing receivers high salary. Look at Djax. 

Theyll create some room. Witten and Sean Lee two aging vets and one being very injury prone will also be on the block of pay cut or release. 

I like lawrence but paying a guy off a break out year in a contract year is always weary. I feel like we have so many FA discussions and you need to really dig into a guy who loves football. Look at swaggy baker. Dude cashed in on a contract year and his just enjoying his money not playing. 

I mean id rather pay ansah but I’m not sure what else is out there. Maybe make a trade for Carlos Dunlap? Lawson and Willis are younger guys. Then sign Aaron lynch off a 1-2 year prove it real. 

Free agency difficult to project as so many good players or average players get let go , get overpaid , then either bust with another team , culture or system. Breakout stars cash in and then flop due to lack of motivation elsewhere. 

Tampa for all the times they’ve swung in free agency has struck out far too often. They need to improve the roster but maybe not spend so much money on certain players. 

Who doesn't love when their team has as much cap entering FA every year like we do? When is enough, enough though? Extend Evans and go shopping. Can anyone remember the last time we were cap strapped? Keep the contracts the same as they have been when we started swinging on Nicks etc. Not one contract has come back to haunt us. Everyone used to use the Skins as an example why not to spend in FA. Well why not use the Jags as a reason to spend? Winston, Evans, Howard, Brate, Jackson, Goodwin, Marpet, McCoy, David, Alexander, Evans, Hargreaves, Spence, Barber. Add our first and second round pick to that group this coming season and it's not like our roster is complete trash. While they might not all be star players I think all in that group will help in the long run. Was everyone not going into the season thinking that the Aints and our record would be flipped at this point... I did.

If we have a shot at Lawrence I'm all for bringing him in. I'm sick of losing year after year. 

Yeah we all want to see a winning product once Tampa. But what I’m arguing here is why continue to repeat the same decisions that result in losing? 

Youre telling me watching chris baker make 5 million play and not put in any work ethic off the field and in practice, not listen to leadership, etc. is not going to affect the locker room when this guy at say 500 k is better? 

Godwin is outperforming deshaun jackson. There’s about a 9.5 million dollar difference. 

Watching doug martin run less than 2 yards per carry at 7 million? You lose the locker room and get a bad vibe. 

You need to bring players that fit the culture. Not guys who go off on a careee year and maybe or maybe not bank on them continuing that production. 

Archived