Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

42 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

No problem with Curry or the contract, but I would still have preferred to keep Ayers too. Depth is still an issue. 

Fun fact: I asked Greg Auman earlier today and Gholston's contract isn't guaranteed until tomorrow. So we could have cut him instead.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

3/4 looks 4 lyf!!

Banking a lot on Spence and a premium pick on pass rush.  My concern is Gholston is breaking down physically.  Hopefully Buckner can get something out of him.  Unrein can play 5 technique besides Gholston.  Well you are right in the end Smitty likes his bigger dlinemen.

I say Buffalo gets shut out of the top 5 now.  I still dont believe Gettleman rebuilds around a 37 year old QB.  Even if Buffalo gives up a ransom, would that be enough for Dorsey to move off his first non QB prospect.  Draft capital is great, but at some point you have to give yourself the best chance to draft All Pros.  Only hope for Buffalo is if Denver is not interested in QB 4.  Jets move got them a QB and screwed a division rival, nice.

Was doing St. Patrick’s Day things with friends and logged on hoping to see a Vinny Curry signing. Sure enough!

The fact we took 2 DL from the Super Bowl champs is invaluable. They can now help set the tone for this team and defense. They know first hand what needs to be done to win a title.

Second, I think releasing Ayers has more to do with his attitude and second his play. We aren’t with the team but I think back to the Simeon Rice comments he made this year. Like dude, shut the f up and go at pressure the QB at a bare minimum, but he couldn’t even do that. It’s a waste of $6 mil to keep him and possibly bad for our locker room. Curry gets after the QB, sacks or not, and is a high motor, no quit kind of player. 

Very pleased with this off-season. Only thing I would have liked is to also add a RB or maybe a CB but paying $7 mil for McKinnon is stupid so im ok missing out. Gaines on the other hand is still out there but after resigning Grimes we may have no interest.

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have a hard time believing Dorsey would move for that because he has the unique opportunity to draft the first QB and non QB on his draft board.  No way Licht is giving up more then a 3rd.  I like the thought, just dont see how it is feasible from either side,

Dorsey is with the Browns who sit at 4. We would be swapping with Elway and the Broncos at 5 who just signed Case Keenum so they are not exactly a lock to take a quarterback. Maybe They slide back and take Nelson or Fitzpatrick or whoever else they might like and acquire a pick. They could still probably get their quarterback at 7 in doing so.

If I’m Jason Licht and Chubb is there at 5 I would definitely make that call to the Broncos. Chubb is what this defense has needed for a long time. We cried because we didn’t give up more for Quinn and Bennett so why not use a 3rd for Chubb. He fixes our pass rush and our secondary issues basically with one pick. He’s got that Robert Ayers dog attitude with the production to back it up. We give up a 3rd to get our guy that’s not a big deal. We end up having a 4th two 5ths two 6ths and a 7th. I’m sure we could easily get a 3rd back if we wanted.

2 hours ago, What_The_Buc said:

Dorsey is with the Browns who sit at 4. We would be swapping with Elway and the Broncos at 5 who just signed Case Keenum so they are not exactly a lock to take a quarterback. Maybe They slide back and take Nelson or Fitzpatrick or whoever else they might like and acquire a pick. They could still probably get their quarterback at 7 in doing so.

If I’m Jason Licht and Chubb is there at 5 I would definitely make that call to the Broncos. Chubb is what this defense has needed for a long time. We cried because we didn’t give up more for Quinn and Bennett so why not use a 3rd for Chubb. He fixes our pass rush and our secondary issues basically with one pick. He’s got that Robert Ayers dog attitude with the production to back it up. We give up a 3rd to get our guy that’s not a big deal. We end up having a 4th two 5ths two 6ths and a 7th. I’m sure we could easily get a 3rd back if we wanted.

Okay, certainly possible.  Certainly Licht has used his 4th rounder to move up in the 2nd round to target prospects. A 3rd to move up seems feasible.  Still can't wait to see what Buffalo tries to do.. It s what is great about the draft the unpredictability.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Okay, certainly possible.  Certainly Licht has used his 4th rounder to move up in the 2nd round to target prospects. A 3rd to move up seems feasible.  Still can't wait to see what Buffalo tries to do.. It s what is great about the draft the unpredictability.

Agree this is the first draft in a long while that I’m excited for. So much could happen on draft night it’s killing me waiting for it. ?

1 minute ago, What_The_Buc said:

Agree this is the first draft in a long while that I’m excited for. So much could happen on draft night it’s killing me waiting for it. ?

I'm excited to see how many QBs go ahead of us. And how many go in the first.

Archived