Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

On 12/31/2017 at 11:09 PM, Lil' Shorty said:

Resign Grimes

Sign Tru

Sign Ziggy

I’m down with this. How’s Trumaine been this year tho? Rams probably will franchise him if he has played well and they dont agree to terms. Can see DET losing Ziggy but with a new coaching staff who knows. We do need to take a flier at CB though. I’d probably take a shot on Kyle Fuller as a #2. He had a decent year for CHI and is promising ascending player. You can find good veteran CBs in FA just have to find the right fit. Chargers got a steal in Casey Hayward who has been top 5/10 ish all year. Maybe see what’s up with Vontae Davis and if he’s healed up yet. 

Fuller exploded onto the scene his first three or four games his rookie year. I think he had like two or three INTs and a sack. Then it went to ****. And fast. He seems to have slowly recovered since then.

That said, Koetter and Licht aren't exactly in a position to take fliers. We need guys we know will contribute right away.

45 minutes ago, indifference said:

I’m down with this. How’s Trumaine been this year tho? Rams probably will franchise him if he has played well and they dont agree to terms. Can see DET losing Ziggy but with a new coaching staff who knows. We do need to take a flier at CB though. I’d probably take a shot on Kyle Fuller as a #2. He had a decent year for CHI and is promising ascending player. You can find good veteran CBs in FA just have to find the right fit. Chargers got a steal in Casey Hayward who has been top 5/10 ish all year. Maybe see what’s up with Vontae Davis and if he’s healed up yet. 

He’s been tagged the last two seasons. This past season he made $16,750,000.

1 hour ago, deuces22wild said:

He’s been tagged the last two seasons. This past season he made $16,750,000.

Lord. Welp, he may be our guy to get the way our CB depth is set up. I still don’t think he is worth all that maybe 8-10 mill at most. I honestly don’t know if Johnson is a shut down guy to be paid like one. Bucs have plenty of cap and with Licht/Koetter on the hot seat they will be very aggressive. I can see them going all in on FA. 

Go get Vontae Davis NOW! Make sure he is able to pass a physical but he is not even 30 yet! He has been banged up recently but he’s the type you take a low risk high reward on. Throw him maybe 4-5mill a year and if healthy is easily a top #2 CB. **** he might be better than Grimes. Its really a health thing with him.

Also considering Junior Gallete former Saint. He has juice still but I don’t know if Licht takes a risk on him when Ziggy should be had.

I'm sick as I am sure David, McCoy etc are of having a sorry def year after year. I hope and expect there to be heavy action during FA on that side of the ball. Some talking DT in the first or second in the draft thread but I think we can solve that in FA. Poe, Star, Richardson are three of the bigger names.

2 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I'm sick as I am sure David, McCoy etc are of having a sorry def year after year. I hope and expect there to be heavy action during FA on that side of the ball. Some talking DT in the first or second in the draft thread but I think we can solve that in FA. Poe, Star, Richardson are three of the bigger names.

Star or Richardson would be the move. Mcdonald is a third DT type rotational guy at best but he isn’t nor has ever been consistent.

I m intrigued by Talib because he is the type of ahole personality that is needed in this locker room.  Ayers was given a lot of credit for yelling at the team during a practice before the 5 game winning streak ensued.   Who will do that on the defensive side of the ball now?  Maybe Kwon.  I wouldnt sign both Talib or Grimes, one or the other,p.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I m intrigued by Talib because he is the type of ahole personality that is needed in this locker room.  Ayers was given a lot of credit for yelling at the team during a practice before the 5 game winning streak ensued.   Who will do that on the defensive side of the ball now?  Maybe Kwon.  I wouldnt sign both Talib or Grimes, one or the other,p.

I would be shocked if Bucs went and got Talib to play a down for us. He was a head case here and I can’t imagine Licht bringing that around. 

35 minutes ago, indifference said:

I would be shocked if Bucs went and got Talib to play a down for us. He was a head case here and I can’t imagine Licht bringing that around. 

Why do the Bucs head cases go to other teams and are productive?  Maybe its organizational issue more then player.  Granted, some of these players probably arent the best people, but how does Talib and Blount end up on the Pats and dont get kicked off.   Same with Bennett and Seattle.  I dont think this organization has a clue how to handle guys who are high strung but willing to play their butts off on Sunday.  Could be part of the reason the last 10 years have sucked.

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Why do the Bucs head cases go to other teams and are productive?  Maybe its organizational issue more then player.  Granted, some of these players probably arent the best people, but how does Talib and Blount end up on the Pats and dont get kicked off.   Same with Bennett and Seattle.  I dont think this organization has a clue how to handle guys who are high strung but willing to play their butts off on Sunday.  Could be part of the reason the last 10 years have sucked.

ASJ too.

I think we have a better locker room now than we've had since Sapp was scaring dudes straight. So hopefully it won't be a problem moving forward.

Talib is the corner I want period. He can come back to the team and start smashing heads on that side of the ball. He's not going to be apart of the group Den had then role into town and lay down like some think McCoy does and to an extent I think David and Kwon do. Enough with the nice guy attitude. McCoy doesn't like to bark and scream... fine. Telling me Kwon and David don't either... damn. Not a good sign when Ayers is brought into town and he's the one getting the guys hype. Some needs to pull their pants up and be alpha as you know what on that side of the ball! 

Talib - Grimes - VH3... yes please!

Archived