Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder which WR Talib would choose to hate the most? He's got a few options in the NFCS.

He's what every team needs but especially a team that faces monster receivers minimum six times a year in Julio, Funchess and Thomas

13 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

He's what every team needs but especially a team that faces monster receivers minimum six times a year in Julio, Funchess and Thomas

Talib is a great player don’t get me wrong but his first stint as a Buc off field antics was problematic. I don’t mind having him I just don’t know if we go back to him. Talib brings some aggressive press man action we severely lack. VG3 at pick 11 for a nickel CB is looking worse by the day. But maybe he develops into a solid outside CB one day.

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Don’t see a reason to not want one of the better def players in the league over the last five years. I doubt he drops fifteen sacks next season but who could argue that we couldn’t use his help? Again like Talib another stud coming from high end/elite def over the past few seasons. 

I don't really care about bringing in either of the former Bucs.. Talib or Bennett.   Both of them have attitude problems/ are head cases and they are both old.  Seems like a recipe for disaster IMO.   Not like any of the other FA the Bucs brought in have really worked out though.  

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We're gonna have soooooo much money. Might as well splurge. We've been doling out reasonable contracts the last few years and it isn't working. Time to sign the top two or three FAs.

Agreed, that's why the Bennett and Talib rumors make sense...

Even if they only give us a year or two, we can draft and develop some guys behind them. You front load the contracts in the guaranteed money and then you can move on if needed ...

Free agency wise , Bennett, if released, is the most realistic option. 

Listening to joebucsfan podcast, Lawrence and Ansah are Free agents but Detroit has cap space and dallas has a tag.  Both are not expected to hit the market. Dallas can clear up space by cutting Dez Bryant and Witten easily. 

Talib? Would he even come back to Tampa? 

Free agency is not a bad option for this team, especially guys who have a track record of winning important football games in December and January.  There aren't a lot of guys on the roster like that right now.  IMO, that does make a difference.  No playoffs next year, no more employment for this regime after next season.  They would be fools not to maximize their budget and get some free agents in here.  For all of Bennett and Talib's warts, we all know come game day they play their butts off every play and will hold other guys accountable.  Now in Talib's case, it may be a punch in the face to hold someone accountable.  :D

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Free agency is not a bad option for this team, especially guys who have a track record of winning important football games in December and January.  There aren't a lot of guys on the roster like that right now.  IMO, that does make a difference.  No playoffs next year, no more employment for this regime after next season.  They would be fools not to maximize their budget and get some free agents in here.  For all of Bennett and Talib's warts, we all know come game day they play their butts off every play and will hold other guys accountable.  Now in Talib's case, it may be a punch in the face to hold someone accountable.  :D

It’s not a bad option but also if we look at what’s available and who actually hits the market, let’s not go on a spending spree and over pay guys who are just role players either. 

Archived