Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

Pick seven - 1,500

Picks 23, 31 - 760, 600 = 1,360

Pick 2.11 - 470

Pick 2.31 - 276

Pick 3.31 - 120

Moving up 16 spots is a HUGE jump. 

The Falcons sent the Browns a first-round pick (No. 27), a second-round pick (No. 59) and a fourth-round pick (No. 124) in 2011, and also chipped in the No. 1 pick in 2012 (No. 22) and their No. 4 pick in 2012 (No. 118).

Just trying to look at a comparable jump.

Getting 1.23, 1.31, 2.11 or 2.31, and a future 1st or 2nd doesn't seem too unrealistic. But I can't see BB doing it.

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Heard today on a podcast discussion that Bears probably want to move RB Jordan Howard. He doesn't fit Matt Nagy's offense at all and has deleted all his Bears affiliation off his social media...

I'd gladly give up a pick for him...

Same. Dude's #good.

Wonder what it would take though. At least our second. Maybe more.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Heard today on a podcast discussion that Bears probably want to move RB Jordan Howard. He doesn't fit Matt Nagy's offense at all and has deleted all his Bears affiliation off his social media...

I'd gladly give up a pick for him...

i'd give up our 3rd

oh wait..

4th and next years 4th too

I’d rather wait til draft day to make that move. I like Jordan Howard but maybe wait and see how the board falls  who knows maybe you won’t need to give up a 2  

Id prefer Guice. From what I listened to on Ira Kaufman’s pod cast yesterday, the reason Ryan Jenson chose Tampa is that they are moving toward a power blocking /power run scheme. No wonder chubb and Guice are targets. 

I think we're overvaluing Jordan Howard here. He's a good back, but he's not in the upper echelon. Plus, he's been hampered by injuries and is now in a system that he doesn't fit in. The bears don't have leverage to ask for a high 2nd round pick...

If we had our 3rd round pick that would probably be comparative value...

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think we're overvaluing Jordan Howard here. He's a good back, but he's not in the upper echelon. Plus, he's been hampered by injuries and is now in a system that he doesn't fit in. The bears don't have leverage to ask for a high 2nd round pick...

If we had our 3rd round pick that would probably be comparative value...

He's not much of a receiver. But he's good running the ball. So like @ravishingone surmised, he might not be the kind of RB Licht is looking for.

They took him in the fifth round and he's really played above that. A fourth and future fifth might do it. But would we do it?

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's not much of a receiver. But he's good running the ball. So like @ravishingone surmised, he might not be the kind of RB Licht is looking for.

They took him in the fifth round and he's really played above that. A fourth and future fifth might do it. But would we do it?

id do a 4th and a 6th now that ive thought about it more

also Royce Freeman looks like a Jordan Howard clone if you ask me , same running style

Archived