Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's not much of a receiver. But he's good running the ball. So like @ravishingone surmised, he might not be the kind of RB Licht is looking for.

They took him in the fifth round and he's really played above that. A fourth and future fifth might do it. But would we do it?

I would do that in a heartbeat. You're getting a proven NFL player vs. an unknown day three prospect...

Odds are better for the prior being the gem of the deal...

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

1. Derwin James/Minkah Fitzpatrick

1. Josh Jackson/Jaire Alexander/Mike Hughes

2. Will Hernandez

3. JPP

4. Jordan Howard

(orgasm)

Jackson is the CB I want but we've had no contact with him, as far as I know. I hope that changes soon so I can get my hopes up. But right now we're meeting with every CB except for him.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jackson is the CB I want but we've had no contact with him, as far as I know. I hope that changes soon so I can get my hopes up. But right now we're meeting with every CB except for him.

A lot of times though, these outlets miss private meetings (before the official visits start) teams have with players or conversations they have with their old coaches, etc.

Sometimes we forget teams can use the 30 visits to get 2nd looks at players they have be 50/50 on so they can set their board final before the draft. If a team already knows what the guy is and the FO views him the same, they may opt not to use a visit on him...

Just something to keep in mind. I know when I followed the Rams, we had a few years where we had a 2nd round pick we never we're linked to with a formal visit/meeting...

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

A lot of times though, these outlets miss private meetings (before the official visits start) teams have with players or conversations they have with their old coaches, etc.

Sometimes we forget teams can use the 30 visits to get 2nd looks at players they have be 50/50 on so they can set their board final before the draft. If a team already knows what the guy is and the FO views him the same, they may opt not to use a visit on him...

Just something to keep in mind. I know when I followed the Rams, we had a few years where we had a 2nd round pick we never we're linked to with a formal visit/meeting...

Definitely. You've got 100s of guys visiting 32 teams simultaneously. It's impossible to track each one.

But it would be nice to get something confirmed. icon_lol.gif

Hypothetical,  if the Giants are on the clock and are willing to trade out with Buffalo, but they don't want to move out if the top 7, do you make the deal with Buffalo giving up any chance to get the big 3?  I m sure these type of trade up options  will be discussed by GMs well before the draft begins.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Hypothetical,  if the Giants are on the clock and are willing to trade out with Buffalo, but they don't want to move out if the top 7, do you make the deal with Buffalo giving up any chance to get the big 3?  I m sure these type of trade up options  will be discussed by GMs well before the draft begins.

That rationale is why I think Cleveland would only trade back with Denver. The Giants and Jets have forced Cleveland to take a QB at one. Getting Barkley/Chubb with their second pick would be amazing.

But I think the Giants stay put. Darnold might be there, and they're reported to really like him. They've got a big hole at DE with the JPP trade. And if they're serious about riding Eli for one more season, taking Barkley would do wonders. Like you said, trading back 10 spots would hurt, unless they're happy with a Davenport or... Wynn?

I think the giants and browns stay put too. Bills may not want to pay the ransom to get to 2. The giants want 2 firsts for obj. Who knows what they’re asking for at 2. 

Browns love chubb apparently at 4. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see 2 qbs go in the top 5 while everyone thinks 4 will. 

38 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think the giants and browns stay put too. Bills may not want to pay the ransom to get to 2. The giants want 2 firsts for obj. Who knows what they’re asking for at 2. 

Browns love chubb apparently at 4. 

It wouldn’t surprise me to see 2 qbs go in the top 5 while everyone thinks 4 will. 

Last thing I read said the Giants don't wanna trade OBJ. 

Anyway, I think at least three QBs go top six. Browns and Jets are pretty much locks. The Bills obviously wanna move up, and the Giants and Boncos have been visiting with QBs. The Cardinals are a team not enough people are talking about for QB. The Colts have been rumored to wanna move back again, as well as the Giants and Browns. But I don't think the Browns would move out of the top six.

So we're looking at four teams already in the top six that have interest in the QBs and at least two other teams that could move up for one.

So I know this is an odd question Bc winston seems to get into trouble with this fool , 

but if the uber incident comes back clean, think the Bucs might send a 4th or a 3rd in 2019 to the eagles for Ronald darby after the draft? 

Eagles have a ton of CB depth with Sydney Jones coming back, jalen mills being a solid starter. 

Darby won’t be a long term player on that team. Maybe get value for him while they can instead of waiting for a day 3 comp pick that may only net a 5th or 6th rounder 

Archived