Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

This is interesting. Not sure what they used to come up with this though.

Yeah, it’s almost as if they’ve taken points per passing play and compared it to points per rushing play. Not really sure what that tells anyone or whether it factors in certain key variables, such as how balanced the offence is.

Basically, you get more yardage passing the ball, therefore it’s more likely that you’ll score by passing is what their website seems to explain it as. That’s might be an over simplification of it.

Overall, I still don’t think you can overestimate the value of a good running game.

34 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Yeah, it’s almost as if they’ve taken points per passing play and compared it to points per rushing play. Not really sure what that tells anyone or whether it factors in certain key variables, such as how balanced the offence is.

Basically, you get more yardage passing the ball, therefore it’s more likely that you’ll score by passing is what their website seems to explain it as. That’s might be an over simplification of it.

Overall, I still don’t think you can overestimate the value of a good running game.

Justo's been doing great breakdowns about RBs and how the running game is becoming more and more... 'useless' isn't the right word. But teams are all moving to the short passing game. Situational running is more important than "establishing a running game."

I'd rather be able to convert third and short more often running the ball than consistently average 120 yards a game on the ground. And it looks like NFL teams agree.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Justo's been doing great breakdowns about RBs and how the running game is becoming more and more... 'useless' isn't the right word. But teams are all moving to the short passing game. Situational running is more important than "establishing a running game."

I'd rather be able to convert third and short more often running the ball than consistently average 120 yards a game on the ground. And it looks like NFL teams agree.

I dont know, out of the top 8 rushing yds/gm last season, I believe 7 made the playoffs.   The only team that didnt make the playoffs was Dallas.  I know Philly was top 4 in rushing yds/gm.

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Actually from my earlier post, 9 out of the top 10 rushing yds/gm teams  made the playoffs.  Philly finished 3rd overall.

You have to run the ball and be able to move the opposing team’s DL. That will never change. Watching Philly run it on 3rd and 4 or 3rd and 7 and get 1st downs was like a foreign concept to me. We do that in Tampa and we’re making the playoffs and Jameis is being talked about as a top 5 QB.

Take a look at this draft

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/19/nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-with-trades/amp/

Trade back with Buffalo 

1st Round - Derwin James, S, FSU

1st Round - Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa - Trade back into the 1st

2nd Round - Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia 

3rd Round - Austin Corbett, OL

4th Round - Nyheim Hines, RB, NC State

Now that's a win in my book

3 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

Take a look at this draft

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/04/19/nfl-mock-draft-updated-4-round-projections-with-trades/amp/

Trade back with Buffalo 

1st Round - Derwin James, S, FSU

1st Round - Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa - Trade back into the 1st

2nd Round - Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia 

3rd Round - Austin Corbett, OL

4th Round - Nyheim Hines, RB, NC State

Now that's a win in my book

He totally stole my mock I posted on Twitter yesterday. ?

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So the Jags and Fins both debued new uniforms today. They both got new uniforms not that long ago. What’s the chance we do the same and tone down some of the craziness on our uniforms? Thoughts?

Would assume that it will be in the next year or 2 if we do, about the same span of time the Jags went before changing back.  As long as we change up the font, I think that's the biggest sticking point for people right now.

18 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Would assume that it will be in the next year or 2 if we do, about the same span of time the Jags went before changing back.  As long as we change up the font, I think that's the biggest sticking point for people right now.

I agree. I may have read wrong but I thought a team couldn’t make a jersey change for at least a 5 year period since last change. That’s why I was surprised Jax and Miami made changes. Jax has a newer owner so that makes sense. However I think Miami basically just said we made a mistake and updated them slightly. I really hope that’s what we do. I’d also slightly shrink the flag on the helmet.

36 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I agree. I may have read wrong but I thought a team couldn’t make a jersey change for at least a 5 year period since last change. That’s why I was surprised Jax and Miami made changes. Jax has a newer owner so that makes sense. However I think Miami basically just said we made a mistake and updated them slightly. I really hope that’s what we do. I’d also slightly shrink the flag on the helmet.

I actually like that part of the uniform. I think we need an overhaul on the shoulder pad area. It's yuck...

Archived