Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

52 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's where Minkah Fitzpatrick comes in...

possibly, but who knows how the draft plays out.  I was thinking about this today, since Rah regime going forward which has been the best safety tandem they had and was it even average in comparison to the rest of the league?  Im having a hard time remembering any tandem being remotely good.. I remember a bunch of mutts  :D

It really is amazing how bad this defense has been since Monte left.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

possibly, but who knows how the draft plays out.  I was thinking about this today, since Rah regime going forward which has been the best safety tandem they had and was it even average in comparison to the rest of the league?  Im having a hard time remembering any tandem being remotely good.. I remember a bunch of mutts  :D

It really is amazing how bad this defense has been since Monte left.  

Jermaine Phillips and Tanard Jackson? But that was a looooong time ago. 

Remember Sabby Piscatelli(sp?)? icon_lol.gif

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jermaine Phillips and Tanard Jackson? But that was a looooong time ago. 

Remember Sabby Piscatelli(sp?)? icon_lol.gif

Lol, absolutely.  Throw in a Cody Grimm and Sean Jones.   I hope they put decent money on a safety in free agency.  There should be some  decent options in free agency.  Vacarro is interesting, not sure about the injury history.  Kind of doubt he gets franchised.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Lol, absolutely.  Throw in a Cody Grimm and Sean Jones.   I hope they put decent money on a safety in free agency.  There should be some  decent options in free agency.  Vacarro is interesting, not sure about the injury history.  Kind of doubt he gets franchised.

haha Cody Grimm...  RIP.    Also Gholston (49ers) I can't remember his first name lol.  WE really have had a ******* **** hole for safeties for a long time.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Burnett would be a great pick up. I don't know much about Gilchrist.

Very good and underrate player. Coming off a very good season with the Texans. Injuries have somewhat limited him, but when he's on the field he's very good. Only 29 too...

He's more a SS to pair next to Evans as the FS...

10 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Did anyone's status change after seeing Malcolm Butler being benched for the SB and the Pats refusing to play him on defensive snaps even though they were getting throttled in the passing game?

Just curious...

We should find out soon enough. Butler has a lot to lose for staying quiet. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

If anything I think it shows how much they missed him out there.

Possible, be he was really struggling in 2017 and was their worst/most targeted corner on the field per PFF...

Could read into it both ways: we was missed, or they thought he was that much of a liability...

Be interesting to see what comes out here soon...

Archived