Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

On 5/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Only team who has actually brought him in for a serious inquiry was Cincy.

Everyone is staying clear of those who we're flagged for the anthem protests right or wrong...

I think teams find it as a distraction. 

I hope we bring in Reid or Vaccaro. I’d prefer Vaccaro Bc he can line up in the slot and we steal from the saints. 

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've been really down on him. But this is encouraging.

His play noticeable got better down the stretch despite the guard shuffle. I was impressed but he needs to come into 2018  hot. Its hard to evaluate players last 4 weeks of the season because its normal for players to mail it in. Not really give up but they aren’t always going 100% effort.

10 hours ago, indifference said:

His play noticeable got better down the stretch despite the guard shuffle. I was impressed but he needs to come into 2018  hot. Its hard to evaluate players last 4 weeks of the season because its normal for players to mail it in. Not really give up but they aren’t always going 100% effort.

It s a contract year for him, if he isnt totally engaged this season, he never will be.  He has a chance to make 15+ million/yr, I know I would be pretty motivated.  ?

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

It s a contract year for him, if he isnt totally engaged this season, he never will be.  He has a chance to make 15+ million/yr, I know I would be pretty motivated.  ?

Doubt he will make that much. That is a stretch. I can see if he put together back to back pro bowl years. Don Smith has been average and I do not expect his price tag to be high.

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, indifference said:

Adonis Alexander entered the supplemental draft. 6’3 CB that has elite physical tools to be a good DB. I think Licht will pass. Stewart, Davis, VG3 should suffice for years to come. 

Can he play safety? ? I've seen his name thrown around quite a bit. But I agree that Licht probably passes. We've had a plan and a mentality we've been trying to instill this offseason. I don't think we'll change that now.

This is the supplemental player we should be coveting. I'd spend a 22nd on him, better than a kicker...

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Western Michigan CB Sam Beal has declared for the supplemental draft. Beal (6'1/185) earned second-team All-MAC honors for the most recent campaign, recording 22 tackles with a pair of interceptions and 10 pass breakups this past season. He kicked around an early declaration for the 2018 NFL Draft, but opted to forego that. The pull of professional football is apparently just too alluring for the Broncos standout. Should a team draft Beal as a supplemental pick, it would cost them a corresponding round's selection in next spring's draft. He has the potential to land as a first-round supplemental pick -- the highest to date was the Browns' use of a second-rounder, reportedly on Josh Gordon in 2012.

Archived