Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

I’d sign Tru over Butler all day. Pair him with Grimes (hopefully) for one more year. Also, if we want to target another outside CB we could look at Kyle Fuller. Slot guys to target would be Patrick Robinson or Aaron Colvin.

Outside:

Trumaine Johnson or Kyle Fuller

Slot:

Patrick Robinson or Aaron Colvin

25 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

For a cheaper DE add in FA, what about Trent Murphy. Injury kept him out last season but he had 9 sacks in 2016. Could come cheaper due to the injury that kept him sidelined in 2017. 

I signed him in my mock offseason. He'd add to the versatility of our 3/4 looks. 

A one year 'prove it' type deal seems reasonable. 

On 2/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, bucsfan333 said:

If we sign an outside guy at CB and Grimes comes back, we won't need to sign a slot guy. We can just slide VHIII inside.

Grimes should be a fallback option, not a pursuit IMO...

We need an upgrade both outside and at the slot. Grimes play fell off big-time last year...

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. We didn't even bring in Vontae Davis. We didn't even call about Peters. Are we really holding out all hope for Grimes to come back? 

Our secondary is a mess and we're not even looking at guys that can come in and start right away. What are we doing?

I think Avoiding Peters and Davis doesn’t make it a big deal. It also takes two to tango. 

Bucs have a young team and the leadership from those players was lacking. Peters isn’t a good fit and if he wanted to go to California then why would we make it an issue? 

Free agency hasn’t even started yet. 

Archived