Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

Ziggy's six sacks in his last two games makes me think there's no way Detroit doesn't pay him. They've got $53M in cap space before the increase. You can't let a 12 sack guy walk when you've got the cap space.

And I think Grimes retires. He's not going back to Miami. Jacksonville doesn't need him. We just went 5-11. No way he relocates. So it's either our ****ty team or retirement.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It looks like our ****ty team has the lead. icon_lol.gif

With 70 million in cap space pay him.  I understand retirement is an option, but offer him double his salary which I think would be around 8 million and see what happens.  I certainly expect Brent to play again if he feels he can be compensated accordingly,  

I would have interest in signing Star from Carolina.  I doubt they franchise him and having a true NT going into the draft helps this defense immensly.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I would have interest in signing Star from Carolina.  I doubt they franchise him and having a true NT going into the draft helps this defense immensly.

I wanna keep McDonald too. We also have Stevie T. And it doesn't stop us from drafting a DT.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wanna keep McDonald too. We also have Stevie T. And it doesn't stop us from drafting a DT.

I think Clinton is rotational player at this point, but Im good with him coming back.  Really good teammate, keep him to around 30 snaps or less would be ideal.  

Just now, ravishingone said:

I think Clinton is rotational player at this point, but Im good with him coming back.  Really good teammate, keep him to around 30 snaps or less would be ideal.  

Oh, yeah. He's a reserve. But he's solid. He can back up McCoy while Tu'ikolovatu can back up Lotulelei.

14 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I’d move a late pick to the Hawks for Bennett so they can clear his cap. Rather pay him $10 than pay Gholston $6.5

Bennett says he expects them to release him.

Gholston was pretty solid down the stretch. He wasn't getting after the QB but he was good at setting the edge and playing the run. And he blocked two kicks.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Bennett says he expects them to release him.

Gholston was pretty solid down the stretch. He wasn't getting after the QB but he was good at setting the edge and playing the run. And he blocked two kicks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5530/michael-bennett

The Seahawks would save just $2.025 million against the cap by cutting Bennett loose.”

Archived