Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

With how weak this free agency class is for pass rushers, Okafor and Murphy are probably the best two available. And both have injury histories.

I'm probably reading too much into the Gaines rumor, but Licht looks to have on the long term as opposed to the short term fix.  He could have went up to a top 100 selection and he didnt.  With his job in jeopardy I respect his resolve.  One for just makes a lot of sense.

Just now, ravishingone said:

I'm probably reading too much into the Gaines rumor, but Licht looks to have on the long term as opposed to the short term fix.  He could have went up to a top 100 selection and he didnt.  With his job in jeopardy I respect his resolve.  One for just makes a lot of sense.

I like that we aren't going crazy and spending a ton of money. Now that it's obvious we're trying (but not overpaying) I don't care that we haven't signed/traded for anyone.

And I agree about Okafor. As long as he doesn't hate Buckner or anything, I think we're the most logical landing spot for him. But I like Murphy too.

41 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He's worth it.

Too bad he's already got a handshake deal done with the Giants...

If we weren't about to pay Marpet and D Smith similar money, after giving Evans his contract plus whatever Jameis is gonna get... I'd be ok with paying Norwell OT money. But, man.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we weren't about to pay Marpet and D Smith similar money, after giving Evans his contract plus whatever Jameis is gonna get... I'd be ok with paying Norwell OT money. But, man.

Agreed the Giants can pay Norwell that much because there is no one else on the line making big money or about to get paid.  I expect Marpet to get extended before training camp because he has been injured during his career.  I think Smith bets on himself and doesnt sign this summer because he hasn't missed a snap yet.  I still hope Marpet gets moved back to RG.

19 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No doubt, but it's for the better. The guys who have established themselves are getting paid vs. Guys who've never played a snap prior...

Definitely. Picking higher in the draft wasn't exactly a benefit when teams were paying rookies those stupid ridiculous contracts. Kinda defeated the purpose.

Archived