Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

YEAH reading the Talib to SF deal that’s collapsed and reasoning why explains it all. GMs of other teams have so much control. Robert Quinn for example, may have said he preferred Miami over Cleveland and Tampa. 

Everyone faults why Licht didn’t peters. He maybe have stayed simply he didn’t wanna come here and preferred his home state. 

Same with Talib. He wanted to reunite with Phillips his formerDC. 

10 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

John lynch is doing a phenomenal job so far in SF. He stole a franchise qb from the patriots , the QB the Bucs should have drafted in 2014. 

Has tons of cap room. Found the right coach in Shanny. 

The Niners seem like the team on the rise. 

Pretty awesome, really.

22 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Ronde Barber. Might be the next guy in line. He does an awful lot of scouting and analysis on prospects. 

Its funny how we talk about brooks potentially doing the GM thing but I think Ronde should get a call from the Bucs to work in the front office. 

Would Brooks even want to? Doesn't he still do all his work in the community? Might be tough to do both.

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Couple of nuggets.  Stroud implies Bucs are committed to resign Grimes.  Grimes/Gaines/Hargreaves the top 3 ?

Wonder how far Chubb will fall. I’m praying teams go QB crazy and we don’t have to give up too much on a potential slide. 

8 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Anyone else finding it a little odd we haven't been linked to anyone? One corner with three career ints and another corner who will be 35 years old.... damn.

No. Why over pay for average players? Tell me how that’s worked in the past? 

8 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Anyone else finding it a little odd we haven't been linked to anyone? One corner with three career ints and another corner who will be 35 years old.... damn.

We've been linked to Bennett, Quinn, and Sherman. It just hasn't happened.

Archived