Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No. Why over pay for average players? Tell me how that’s worked in the past? 

I know your plan is to D&D so we need what three or four more drafts to fill our current holes?

Tell me there's not at least half a dozen guys that would be a big upgrade and help the team.

Per PewterReport Free Agency article:

Patriots RB Dion Lewis

Latest: Reports now say it’s a long shot for Lewis to return to the Pats. He’ll be on the move. Per Jason La Canfora, the Jets, Titans and Colts are the most probably landing spots, but the Bucs, Raiders and Browns could be in play, too.

Ravens C Ryan Jensen

Latest: Reports out there have it that the three teams most interested in Jensen are the Jets, Colts and Bucs. Jensen will likely command somewhere are $10 million per year. 

Bears OG Josh Sitton

Latest: Sitton will have a lot of interest on the open market. Teams he’s been linked to the most are the 49ers, Cowboys and Bucs.

Falcons DT Dontari Poe

Latest: Can’t rule out a return to Atlanta, but Poe will have a lot of interest on the market. Colts, patriots and Bucs are three teams that could be after him. 

Bills CB E.J. Gaines

Latest: Chad Forbes expects the Buccaneers to show heavy interest in Gaines.

Here are the players we have been linked to at this time. I’m sure there are others but these seem like the reasonable adds we’ll pursue and actually have a shot at.

3 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I know your plan is to D&D so we need what three or four more drafts to fill our current holes?

Tell me there's not at least half a dozen guys that would be a big upgrade and help the team.

No. Supplement the roster in FA. Make the right moves rather than overpay guys who aren’t good fits. 

33 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

No. Supplement the roster in FA. Make the right moves rather than overpay guys who aren’t good fits. 

You mentioned overpaying for average players in your last post. Not only are they average but now aren't good team fits... who saying they want that? I've brought up guys like Talib and Bennett not as long term fixes but as two or three year guys who could help not only with high end play but also help the teams attitude on game day.

32 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder if that would stop them from trading up quite as high for a QB.

It shouldn't. His injury history and age should make him more of a bridge-gap guy. He's actually a perfect guy to groom a young QB behind...

Fun fact: Bradford is married to my 2nd cousin-Emma. They just had a baby this past year too...

Archived