Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

The Los Angeles Times' Nathan Fenno reports free agent CB Sean Smith will be sentenced to one year in jail as part of a plea deal for his felony assault charge.

Smith was charged with felony assault last August after allegedly attacking his sister's boyfriend. Fenno reports Smith will plead guilty to the charge and accept one year of jail time along with three years of probation. The corner was released by the Raiders on Monday.

Not gonna lie, I feel for the guy. 

He went too far, but I can't say I wouldn't have done something similar in the same situation...

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I take these reports with a grain of salt.  Since the DE crop is so week, having 2 dynamic inside rushers makes the outside pass rush a whole lot better.

I wouldn't consider it absolute fact. But the Dolphins don't really gain much from cutting him. So it is odd that they're gonna do it.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wouldn't consider it absolute fact. But the Dolphins don't really gain much from cutting him. So it is odd that they're gonna do it.

I understand, but was it a business decision or something personal?  We 'll never know.  I need to clarify, obviously it is personal.  A lot of great players rub management the wrong way, get cut and still play at a high level for many more years.  The Pats have built a dynasty on these players. 

34 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I understand, but was it a business decision or something personal?  We 'll never know.  I need to clarify, obviously it is personal.  A lot of great players rub management the wrong way, get cut and still play at a high level for many more years.  The Pats have built a dynasty on these players. 

Sure. But is $22M worth getting rid of a guy because you don't get along?

Archived