Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

besides James, Sweat is a possibly in round 2.  Fits the mold of an outside pass rusher for Buckner.

His knee scares the hell out of me but his upside is huge. If he is there round 3 I pull the trigger but at top of the second ill pass.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

There's no doubting his potential. But his long injury history worries me.

Especially as a 2nd round pick. He's got the ultimate 'P' word (potential) which drives his value, but his production and injury history scares me in the 2nd round...

Now if it was the 3rd-4th, that'd be different... 

Damn, forgot all about this guy. He would have been a nice buy-low and low risk/high reward type. He was very good until injury derailed him the last 2 years...

Colts re-signed OG Jack Mewhort to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

Another $1.5 million is available via incentives. Mewhort was a second-round pick in 2014 and was one of the Colts' better linemen in 2015 and 2016 before injuries started taking a toll. He's missed 17 games over the past two seasons with knee and triceps issues. If healthy, Mewhort should be able to earn a starting job.

55 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Damn, forgot all about this guy. He would have been a nice buy-low and low risk/high reward type. He was very good until injury derailed him the last 2 years...

Gotta assume this means they won't be taking Nelson if he falls to six.

14 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Gotta assume this means they won't be taking Nelson if he falls to six.

Kelly and Mewhort have a pretty long injury history.   Ballard has to think long and hard about his oline with a QB coming back from being out for  a year.   Nelson could fall because of his position.  Sort of similar to Steve Hutchison coming out of Michigan, he was the better prospect but Kenyatta Walker was drafted out of Florida because he could play tackle. And McKay traded up Walker.  So gross.

Archived