The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Haye is healthy then maybe. But what is the probability of that? 

Joseph Parker's camp just turned down a fight with Wilder saying not enough money. Interesting. There are rumors he fights Lucas Browne next but if Joshua can't get him, he may get Big Baby Miller. And that could be his stateside debut. Joshua's fight vs Takam didn't do good numbers on SHO so Hearn may want to get him a fight here to build more hype for the Wilder show down. Put Wilder vs Breazeale or someone a week before or after. 

Is Miller any kind of a draw though? He could legit lose his next fight against Wach. 

Browne really? I guess it would be interesting for a very small part of the world, Oceania. 

I guess it would be a big fight in the New Zealand/Australia area. 

Miller isn't a draw, but I believe he just signed with Eddie Hearn. So it will be an easy fight to make and it would get Joshua in front of a USA crowd. Hearn is betting on Joshua selling out wherever he fights, more so than the opponent itself. I think if they put that fight at the Barclays or even Vegas, it is a sellout or close to one. The Brits travel as well as any fan base and look at what Frampton has been doing in the NY area. His fight with LSC did over 10k, and Joshua is on another level than Frampton. 

Oh yeah, you guys are a bit spoiled across the pond. But the gate numbers for a fight in the States for say 15k, competes for what is made in Wembley. Well, a Vegas sell out does. 

That's going to be the big debate in deciding to where to hold the fight. In a 90k stadium or in a 18k arena at the T-mobile? If it isn't going to be PPV in the states, then it is a no-brainer Wembley fight. 

Rumours Canelo is ducking GGG.....  again. 

Oscar De La Hoya, Canelo’s Golden Boy promoter, is dropping heavy hints that they may turn instead to either the winner of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against David Lemieux in Canada next month or Daniel Jacobs, who has already lost to Triple G.

Did anyone read the article on Haymon/UFC Boxing potentially teaming up in 2018? Interesting, very interesting. 

http://www.fightopinion.com/2017/11/14/zuffa-boxing-bailout-ufc-al-haymon/

I wonder how exactly this would work. Would Dana only promote the Haymon cards that are on FOX or FS1? Because Haymon has most of his guys fighting on SHO, and I don't think that's stopping anytime soon. 

• 2 weeks later...