The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Honestly, it is a pick-em. Garcia is MUCH better than Linares and a bigger puncher than him. But he may not be as quick as Linares. Garcia will have to use his jab to hold Lomachenko off of him and make it into a distance fight. Lomachenko needs to adjust his style a bit now that he is fighting bigger skilled fighters. Mayweather did it after the Castillo fight and then later at WW, and countless others have as they have gone up the weight classes. Garcia is as well schooled as a fighter in the game right now. Isn't the best athlete or has much flash to his game, but dude will throw the right punches at the right time. I think movement is what is going to beat Garcia eventually. And Lomachenko has it in his skill set to use his legs to frustrate Garcia and beat him that way. Right now I'd slightly favor Garcia due to his textbook technique and size, but it is as close as it gets.

Spence vs Crawford, Wilder vs Joshua and Garcia vs Lomachenko are the three best fights out there. 

14 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Commentators are openly rooting for Linares 

Honestly, I thought it was the other way around. Joe Tesstitore was having an orgasm every time Lomachenko threw a combination lol.

19 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

1) Is Garcia/Lomachenko a PPV-worthy fight right now?

2) Canelo just got removed from the WBC rankings for refusing to sign up for drug testing. :oO.o:S:/

I don't think Garcia/Lomachenko is PPV worthy. Well, if it was on PPV, does it even do 200k buys?

Canelo being removed from the rankings means nothing. If he signs up to fight GGG in September, he will be right back in the rankings lol. 

On 5/15/2018 at 8:48 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I thought it was the other way around. Joe Tesstitore was having an orgasm every time Lomachenko threw a combination lol.

I don't think Garcia/Lomachenko is PPV worthy. Well, if it was on PPV, does it even do 200k buys?

Canelo being removed from the rankings means nothing. If he signs up to fight GGG in September, he will be right back in the rankings lol. 

I could see Arum putting together an ESPN PPV double-header in the Fall. Garcia/Lomachenko at 135 and Pacquiao vs either Broner or (Danny) Garcia at 147. Have Michael Conlan and and Shakur Stevenson (not against each other yet) on the undercard, and I think people would buy it as long as Bob doesn't ask some exorbitant price for it.

Hell of a fight between Stevenson/Jack. This has draw written all over it. Jack dominated the late rounds, but didn't do much in the first six rounds.

Can't complain 7-5 either way or 6-6.

GRJ vs Diaz was also a good fight. GRJ is just a level above him, but Diaz could compete with the top guys. Bring on GRJ vs Mares/LSC winner. 

Warrington vs Frampton. 

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

So glad Warrington won.

Selby to me was there for the taking for any of the top guys. You can out work him and he never sets his feet to throw so he's always flailing around. 

Supposedly Hearn said their side has decided the super HW fight will take place in the UK. Stephen Espinoza was not happy at all saying it will make FAR less money than if it takes place in Vegas. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Joshua is the A-side so ultimately he will decide what happens. 

Skills wise Crawford is on another level, but man Horn is going to be so much bigger and stronger. Could be a little wake up call for Crawford as Jose Luis Castillo was for Mayweather when he made the jump to 135. I think safe bet is Crawford on points, but I know some fighters like Paulie Malignaggi who are giving Horn a legit shot in the fight.