The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Word, paying that extra monthly fee is whack. But I was more mad at not being able to watch it on my TV. My macbook air doesn't have the usb port but I finally discovered Chromecast and it worked great. Good picture quality as well. 

Same, taking Mikey.

So Hearn revealed his DAZN Matchroom USA signings yesterday and they were:

Andrade, Beterbiev, Roman, Hooker, Big Baby Miller Vargas and three amateurs.  Got to say, that's an underwhelming stable right there. But he has two years to build it and he is going to put Joshua/Povetkin on DAZN and wants to put Joshua/Wilder on DAZN as well. 

Wow, did not expect Usyk to dominate like that. Made Gassiev look like a bum in there. Props to him, definitely one of the best P4P fighters in the game. 

I'd be cool with him destroying Bellew, but what I really want to see is him at HW against guys like Wilder and Joshua. Skills wise he is head and shoulders above those two, but obviously they are a lot bigger and we have to see if Usyk's chin will be able to hold up. 

Mungia vs Smith has been great to watch. Mungia is so flawed but that is expected as he is only 21 years old, but he has to be one of the most exciting fighters in the game. Dude is so big and has a hell of a chin so he will be a tough out, but the elite 154 pounders take care of him right now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mungia vs Smith has been great to watch. Mungia is so flawed but that is expected as he is only 21 years old, but he has to be one of the most exciting fighters in the game. Dude is so big and has a hell of a chin so he will be a tough out, but the elite 154 pounders take care of him right now. 

Lara/Mungia would be an interesting matchup. Lara would make Mungia miss more than he ever has before, probably -- but Lara doesn't have the power to keep the younger fighter off of him for 12 rounds. It might be Hurd/Lara 2.0

It could be like the Hurd fight for sure, but I think Munguia is a bit too wild and open. Hurd while employing a similar style is more disciplined and probably even bigger which is crazy. Lara may be broken from that fight though. Hurd put a beating late in the fight and Lara is in his 30s so who knows how much he has left in the tank. Munguia does hit harder than Hurd I believe. Going to be fun to watch him over the years, but doubt he has a long prime. Could easily see him washed up at the age of 27 or 28 from the amount of flush shots he takes. 

On 7/26/2018 at 9:05 PM, Blazer026 said:

Some solid fights this weekend. 

Ill take Garcia and Parker.

Wish Parker/Whyte was televised. 

And the crazy part is Garcia vs Easter isn't televised in the UK. Really sucks that HBO bought Whyte vs Browne but none of the networks will buy Whyte vs Parker. I think it has to do with DAZN set to launch and all Matchroom fights being aired there anyways, so why pick this fight up when by next month all their fights will be on DAZN. 

I like Parker and Garcia as well, but I read Parker has been looking pretty trash in camp. If that is true, then Whyte will pull it off. 

• Like 1