The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Yeah, I'm not going to argue against any three of those. And if Chocolatito didn't get robbed last fight, add him as well. Some really special fighters right now which is needed with the greats of the past era retiring or going to retire very soon in the cases of Mayweather/Pacquiao.

There is a prop bet of McGregor getting a point taken away next week. That's very tempting. Also, I'm getting sick and tired of people acting like McGregor is a complete bum. Regardless if Floyd kicks his a$$ or not, we have seen dudes with far less talent do some things in the boxing game. Anthony Mundine was a rugby player FFS and ended up becoming a world champion. No doubt in my mind McGregor if with the right promoter (Top Rank) could have done the same if he started boxing like six or seven years ago full time.

9 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Cotto looked pretty good tonight. Would like to see him take on the winner of GGG/Alvarez

Doubtful. Canelo already beat Cotto fairly handily. GGG would wreck him like Margarito did minus the possible plaster wraps.

23 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Doubtful. Canelo already beat Cotto fairly handily. GGG would wreck him like Margarito did minus the possible plaster wraps.

I actually thought the fight between them was close if I remember correctly. And yeah, I think GGG would wreck him too.

Lubin vs Charlo official for October 14. What a great fight. Lubin is jumping right in with the sharks at the age of 22. Big risk, but lets see if he may be a bit special and could pull it off.

Also on the card Hurd vs Trout and Lara vs Guasha. Lara should handle business fairly easy but the Hurd/Trout fight is going to be a good one. 

Same day LSC and Mares will be fighting on FOX but against over matched opponents. Makes no sense for them to not fight each other on that date. But nonetheless they will be fighting each other early next year.

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lubin vs Charlo official for October 14. What a great fight. Lubin is jumping right in with the sharks at the age of 22. Big risk, but lets see if he may be a bit special and could pull it off.

Also on the card Hurd vs Trout and Lara vs Guasha. Lara should handle business fairly easy but the Hurd/Trout fight is going to be a good one. 

Same day LSC and Mares will be fighting on FOX but against over matched opponents. Makes no sense for them to not fight each other on that date. But nonetheless they will be fighting each other early next year.

I'd much rather see a 3rd fight with Frampton, but the Mares fight was entertaining, tho LSC outmatched him.