The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

On 10/28/2018 at 8:19 AM, Blazer026 said:

Jacobs looked a lot better this fight than his last. Knockdown made  the difference imo. Had it 6-6.

Yeah, it was a really good fight. I had it a bit wider at 7-5, but could also see 6-6 or 8-4 Jacobs. Basically, I don't really see how Derevyanchenko gets the win. At best he loses by one point. Jacobs was just landing the better and cleaner shots for majority of the rounds. 

Looks like we may get Canelo vs Jacobs in May. Not bad, not bad at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Usyk vs Bellew today, think it will be a pretty solid scrap. Usyk should win, and win fairly easy, but Bellew could have his moments and this is apparently his last fight so he will give it his all. But Usyk is on a whole another level. We are talking P4P top 3-5 level. If he wins he will move to HW and the match ups there will be very intriguing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Usyk vs Bellew today, think it will be a pretty solid scrap. Usyk should win, and win fairly easy, but Bellew could have his moments and this is apparently his last fight so he will give it his all. But Usyk is on a whole another level. We are talking P4P top 3-5 level. If he wins he will move to HW and the match ups there will be very intriguing. 

Happy it's on DAZN so I finally get to watch Usyk. 

Likewise, I think a good fight would be against Whyte/Chisora winner sometime next year. Though the winner of that fight likely fights Joshua next in April.

So looks like Thurman will FINALLY return on January 26 to fight Josesito Lopez. Granted, it is just a rumor but the FOX fights through March will be announced today on the Fox GO app at 5 PM est. 

Other rumored fights to be announced are Spence vs Garcia in March, Kownacki vs Washington, Davis vs Mares, Porter vs Ugas and potentially Broner vs Pacquiao. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Likewise, I think a good fight would be against Whyte/Chisora winner sometime next year. Though the winner of that fight likely fights Joshua next in April.

So looks like Thurman will FINALLY return on January 26 to fight Josesito Lopez. Granted, it is just a rumor but the FOX fights through March will be announced today on the Fox GO app at 5 PM est. 

Other rumored fights to be announced are Spence vs Garcia in March, Kownacki vs Washington, Davis vs Mares, Porter vs Ugas and potentially Broner vs Pacquiao

Broner/Pacquiao is set for January 19th in Vegas.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So what should I expect from the Lomachenko-Pedraza fight on December 8th? I've never seen Jose Pedraza fight before so I'm curious.

Pedraza has only lost once (TKO in the 7th round to Gervonta Davis) and is a solid fighter. I just don't see anything in him that will seriously trouble Lomachenko. Linares is an overall better fighter, and Loma broke him down over 10 rounds -- I think Loma will have Pedraza figured out earlier than that.

Just now, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Pedraza has only lost once (TKO in the 7th round to Gervonta Davis) and is a solid fighter. I just don't see anything in him that will seriously trouble Lomachenko. Linares is an overall better fighter, and Loma broke him down over 10 rounds -- I think Loma will have Pedraza figured out earlier than that.

Cool, thanks. Assuming Loma wins, what's next for him?