The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

Spence too big and too long for Mikey.

And just flat out too good for Mikey. Make no mistake, Spence is the superior fighter. He throws better combinations, throws his shots from more angles and is just a beast.

Spence vs Crawford is the best fight to be made in boxing, no close second in terms of pure skill and greatness. Wilder vs Joshua the best for just pure carnage. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And just flat out too good for Mikey. Make no mistake, Spence is the superior fighter. He throws better combinations, throws his shots from more angles and is just a beast.

Spence vs Crawford is the best fight to be made in boxing, no close second in terms of pure skill and greatness. Wilder vs Joshua the best for just pure carnage. 

Where do you put a Mikey/Loma fight?

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

Where do you put a Mikey/Loma fight?

Right up there, but below Spence/Crawford. 

21 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Didn't expect Mikey to get shutout like that. I gave him maybe round 2 and that was it.

Same, thought Spence would win of course, but the way he completely out boxed him was similar to Mayweather vs JMM. Impressive. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely wanna see him fight Crawford. Probably getting Pacquiao first tho.

• Like 1

How much longer can Spence fight at 147 do you think? He just seems so big for a Welterweight and his weight come fight night always seems to be above the norm.

That's my only concern regarding a potential Crawford fight, because obviously the latter isn't going above 147.

I know a load of Man United fans who are going out to LA (via Vegas) for the Crolla-Loma fight. It will be a ridiculously one sided fight, but I know the United lads will bring a good atmosphere to the fight.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

On 3/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm excited for a Crawford/Spence Fight. But Canelo vs Pac or GGG vs Pac wouldn't be bad either. They also need to stop screwing around and make Loma vs Davis. 

What do you have against Pac? Why do you want to see him get killed?

On 3/22/2019 at 4:30 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

How much longer can Spence fight at 147 do you think? He just seems so big for a Welterweight and his weight come fight night always seems to be above the norm.

That's my only concern regarding a potential Crawford fight, because obviously the latter isn't going above 147.

I know a load of Man United fans who are going out to LA (via Vegas) for the Crolla-Loma fight. It will be a ridiculously one sided fight, but I know the United lads will bring a good atmosphere to the fight.

I think he can make it for a few more years. He's a hard worker and has never really struggled to make weight. It has been hard I'm sure, but nothing crazy. He did say though, that he wants to make sure he keeps his weight in the low 160s before he starts his next camp so he won't have to cut more than 15 or so pounds. 

On 3/23/2019 at 9:05 PM, beekay414 said:

So, is Kubrat Pulev a legit HW contender? I saw his only loss was to Wladimir. He's signed with Top Rank and he's beaten Fury's cousin. That fight has to be coming, right?

Yeah, I think that is probably on the horizon sometime later this year or next year. Pulev is the mandatory for one of Joshua's belts, so he may fight him first. 

Speaking of Pulev:

Dude trying to catch some charges or what? 

• Like 3

On 24/03/2019 at 4:05 AM, beekay414 said:

So, is Kubrat Pulev a legit HW contender? I saw his only loss was to Wladimir. He's signed with Top Rank and he's beaten Fury's cousin. That fight has to be coming, right?

I've seen him against Chisora and Hughie Fury - he was poor in both (Chisora was next level poor, though). Joshua and Tyson Fury would ruin him with their jab. I think Pulev's skills are on a similar level to Wilder, but the latter has the KO power that Pulev doesn't have. 

• 3 weeks later...